Viewing my tethering usage on Three

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Where?

I go into settings and it's under 'data usage' - I know it's all data usage but it's a fairly accurate indicator, plus I can set it to show for any period required.

I've still got the one plan, but with no boat it's a bit of a luxury as I rarely use it although it's ideal for the odd tv prog if sat in the car waiting for my wife (have been doing a lot of hospital visiting in north London lately).

I have the 3 app installed on my phone and it shows in the My3 account how much tetherable data I have left for the month.

Having said that, only for the first month of this contract (which started in October 2015) did it show that I had used any of the allowance. Ever since, it shows I still have the entire amount to use...strange but I'm not going to ask 3 why.

I go into settings and it's under 'data usage' - I know it's all data usage but it's a fairly accurate indicator, plus I can set it to show for any period required.

I've still got the one plan, but with no boat it's a bit of a luxury as I rarely use it although it's ideal for the odd tv prog if sat in the car waiting for my wife (have been doing a lot of hospital visiting in north London lately).

That's not going to give me the kind of info I need.

I have the 3 app installed on my phone and it shows in the My3 account how much tetherable data I have left for the month.

Having said that, only for the first month of this contract (which started in October 2015) did it show that I had used any of the allowance. Ever since, it shows I still have the entire amount to use...strange but I'm not going to ask 3 why.

I've been told that downloading the app makes it easier for three to detect tethering. I don't know if that's true. I was hoping I could see my tethering use on my3 on my laptop.

That's not going to give me the kind of info I need.

It would help if you mentioned what phone you are using...

If it is Android, settings>data usage will show you exactly how much is being used and by what, including tethering.

I am on 3 and the data you need is on the phone itself, Each brand / model of phone will have slightly different ways of accessing it but on my LG its :

Settings

Mobile Data

Select Time period

It then shows how much data has been used for each of these :

Portable Wi-Fi hotspots

Android OS

Google services

Google search

You tube

Google text to speak

etc etc etc

Iphone 5sIt shows the total data but not the tethering data.

I'm assuming the answer to my original question is that you can't view it on my3 on a laptop. Unless anyone knows different?

Settings / mobile data / system services / personal hotspot

Settings / mobile data / system services / personal hotspot

Indeed it does I had not spotted that before. So now I know that 95% of my data usage is tethering. I think I will be ok with the 12GB limit though, I keep meaning to change to SIM only (to save cost per month) as I am still on the One Plan with unlimited tethering.

Indeed it does I had not spotted that before. So now I know that 95% of my data usage is tethering. I think I will be ok with the 12GB limit though, I keep meaning to change to SIM only (to save cost per month) as I am still on the One Plan with unlimited tethering.

I am still on the one plan with unlimited tether at present. I think the contract time is up soon. Does anyone know for certain what happens next?

I am still on the one plan with unlimited tether at present. I think the contract time is up soon. Does anyone know for certain what happens next?

My 12 month contract on the one plan finished in July 2014, still going now on a rolling monthly basis and with unlimited tethering.

My 12 month contract on the one plan finished in July 2014, still going now on a rolling monthly basis and with unlimited tethering.

Thanks.

This was my hope. As om the my3 page it shows the contract end date but says this is the minimum term and unless I give notice to cancel will continue.

Mine expired. They phoned me up...

Three: Your One Plan contract has expired, what would you like to do?

Me: Continue as if nothing has happened.

Three: Okay sir, have a nice day.

That was about a year/18 months ago.

Mine expired. They phoned me up...

Three: Your One Plan contract has expired, what would you like to do?

Me: Continue as if nothing has happened.

Three: Okay sir, have a nice day.

That was about a year/18 months ago.

That's how I hope it pans out if it ever comes to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if shifting the relatively small proportion of users who used massive amounts of bandwidth has largely fixed the problem so they're easing off now?

That's how I hope it pans out if it ever comes to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if shifting the relatively small proportion of users who used massive amounts of bandwidth has largely fixed the problem so they're easing off now?

I suspect you're right. I rarely use much bandwidth on that plan - it's a backup for when I visit a client who doesn't have wifi - so I'm sure they love having me pay my monthly fee without ever really using it.

Iphone 5s

It shows the total data but not the tethering data.

I'm assuming the answer to my original question is that you can't view it on my3 on a laptop. Unless anyone knows different?

It shows up on the my 3 web site. Click on Allowance and it's listed as Personal Hotspot