PO out tomorrow !

Glynn

Featured Posts

After nearly two years of battling with our pump out toilet, the things being changed out tomorrow for a Thetford ceramic cassette toilet.

This will be a repeat of what we did on our last boat.

Cant wait.

Edited by Glynn
  • Greenie 2

After nearly two years of battling with our pump out toilet, the things being changed out tomorrow for a Thetford ceramic cassette toilet.

Cant wait.

Excellent, you'll then be able to stop hoppin about with your legs crossed.

Cant wait.

Congragulations you have just upped the resale value of your boat by at least fifty percent biggrin.png

Tim

Well done

We have one of those ceramic toilets 250/260

We have the 260 model, what we would like is to be able,to order a replacement 260 toilet seat and lid.

Have sent 2 emails of to thetford, to see if the 250 toilet seat is the same and will fit 260.

Any way congratulations on your new furniture.

Enjoy the first sitting

Col

When we were looking to buy a boat I couldn't make up my mind which type to go for as I could see the pros and cons of both. So I accepted that whichever loo the boat we bought had would be fine.

Now 3 years on and living aboard I'm really pleased ours came with a pump out and I really cannot see why some hate them so much. But of course it's all down to personal preference so I can see why it's such a divisive subject.

When we were looking to buy a boat I couldn't make up my mind which type to go for as I could see the pros and cons of both. So I accepted that whichever loo the boat we bought had would be fine.

Now 3 years on and living aboard I'm really pleased ours came with a pump out and I really cannot see why some hate them so much. But of course it's all down to personal preference so I can see why it's such a divisive subject.

I think for many its a matter of logistics. It doesnt realy matter for hobby boaters but full time liveaboards especialy ccers who travel greater distances need more choice of disposal points. I have no idea just how many always available pumpout systems there are around the system but I do know there are vastly more elsan points. Also if frozen in for several weeks which has happened to me during some winters then taking cassette for instance to elsan point is slightly easier than carryingboat under the arm to nearset working pumpout machine this is why moas pumpout owners carry a porta bog " Just in case "

My present boat has the worst of all the the macerator bog but my first purchase was a porta potti for when it goes wrong and when I am out cruising, luckily my bathroom is easily big enough to accomodate both as I refuse to take out another pump out system.

The macerator certainly is nicer to use and looks more household like for those who think boats are floating houses. But not as easy to empty as the prta bog/cassette.

Tim