Bluewater or Colecraft Bespoke Builds

Featured Posts

the lady teal we saw had a deck on the roof for drinks and alfresco eating oh well who knows

The one on the website I linked to does. Click on 'The Boat' tab.

When stopped, and occasionally when on the move, we have our unique upper deck area where you can sit with your cocktail watching that great sunset talking about your day while your four course dinner is prepared for you.

And in the banner pic. at the top of the home that is definitely a L&L swing bridge.

Edited by MJG

The one on the website I linked to does. Click on 'The Boat' tab.

When stopped, and occasionally when on the move, we have our unique upper deck area where you can sit with your cocktail watching that great sunset talking about your day while your four course dinner is prepared for you.

And in the banner pic. at the top of the home that is definitely a L&L swing bridge.

you are right martin mind all we were bothered about was going through a lock so didnt look at it to closely

I'm only having my phone to post with, and I'm not clever enough to do links with it, but if you look at the boatfitters site you can see that even on the artists impressions the sundeck with chairs was planned on photo 1

Www.milburnboats.co.UK/ladyteal/

Peter.

I'm only having my phone to post with, and I'm not clever enough to do links with it, but if you look at the boatfitters site you can see that even on the artists impressions the sundeck with chairs was planned on photo 1

Www.milburnboats.co.UK/ladyteal/

Peter.

you are right peter i have seen it twice the first time was at castleford marine it was getting a respray as the paint was falling off the second time was on the new junction at the lock

you are right peter i have seen it twice the first time was at castleford marine it was getting a respray as the paint was falling off the second time was on the new junction at the lock

I like the New junction biggrin.png

Tim

Beauty...eye...beholder...

Yes, and that's what I told you earlier when you originally said "By their nature, so-called widebeam narrowboats are not beautiful"

Well, it depends the way you look at it. Comparing to all sort of boats built all around the world, it’s the narrowboats that actually have “weird proportions” being so narrow in relation to the length.

Agreed.

Edited by blackrose

Yes, and that's what I told you earlier when you originally said "By their nature, so-called widebeam narrowboats are not beautiful"

That's right, because it was my eye that was doing the beholding.

So it's not that widebeams are not attractive by their nature as you said, it's just that you happen not to find them attractive.

It's not the nature or property of the object itself that makes it unattractive per se (because if it were then everyone would agree with you which clearly they do not), it's simply your own particular perception of that property.

Edited by blackrose

So it's not that widebeams are not attractive by their nature as you said, it's just that you happen not to find them attractive.

Same thing. I happen to find them unattractive by their nature.

File under "hairs, splitting thereof".

Coming back to “They're built to appropriate proportions”, this is as ridiculous as it is funny.

Example:

40ft x 7ft narrow boat (I’m pretty certain most in the “narrowboat club” would agree that “it’s built to appropriate proportions” (whatever that means) - the proportions ratio is 5.7

57ft x 10ft – ugly fat boat has a proportion ratio of… Yes, you guessed right, 5.7! same us 40ft narrowboat.

It's not the property of the object itself that makes it unattractive per se, it's simply your own particular perception of that property.

thats it for me although like you i find my own boat a very good looking beast

Coming back to “They're built to appropriate proportions”, this is as ridiculous as it is funny.

Example:

40ft x 7ft narrow boat (I’m pretty certain most in the “narrowboat club” would agree that “it’s built to appropriate proportions” (whatever that means) - the proportions ratio is 5.7

57ft x 10ft – ugly fat boat has a proportion ratio of… Yes, you guessed right, 5.7! same us 40ft narrowboat.

Very amusing, but of course entirely missing the point.

Edited by Athy

Same thing. I happen to find them unattractive by their nature.

File under "hairs, splitting thereof".

I feel the same about narrowboats, I just find them so ugly. I'm glad they are actually called " narrowboats" because for me they are not proper boats. But hey, that's only my opinion!

I feel the same about narrowboats, I just find them so ugly. I'm glad they are actually called " narrowboats" because for me they are not proper boats. But hey, that's only my opinion!

Fair enough. It's good that we don't all like the same things. Which sort of boat do you prefer, aesthetically?

Edited by Athy

I'm not, so we're both happy, eh?

I think you're wrong, but whatever...

Fair enough. Which sort of boat do you prefer, aesthetically?

Just about anything looks better than most narrowboats as far as I'm concerned...

By their very nature they are not beautiful boats tongue.png

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

Fair enough. It's good that we don't all like the same things. Which sort of boat do you prefer, aesthetically?

I saw some Beautiful Dutch barges over the years.

I think you're wrong, but whatever...

Just about anything looks better than most narrowboats as far as I'm concerned...

By their very nature they are not beautiful boats :P

Agreed!