Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
xub1

Does anyone know of TV or film dramas set on canal?

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, Dharl said:

An old thread I know, but did anyone watch "His Dark Materials" which was on BBC1 at 8pm last night (Sunday 3rd Nov)?    A version of the canals (as well as a version of Oxford) is used as part of the setting with some of the canal sections filmed on the Gloucseter and Sharpness Canal I believe?

We saw quite a few boats still in 'character' when we were on the G&S summer 2018.

• Greenie 2

On 14/09/2018 at 06:29, JB Segal said:

DCI Banks series 1 ep 3 opens with a burning boat. Maybe a burnt-out Springer used as the “after” boat?

By co-incidence am just watching an episode of DCI Bank, To burn in every drop of blood, which includes a scene where a narrowboat is searched

Tim

On 16/01/2016 at 19:10, Ray T said:

Morse. The Wench is dead.

Beat me to it.  Bit of an odd episode, in so much as it is a historical murder that he investigates from his sick bed, but strangely one of my favourites...

Midsomer Murders,  Series 14/4.  The Oblong Murders.  Barnaby interviews a witness on a narrowboat, about the boat next door that blew up!

But might have been on the river, rather than canal.

On 04/11/2019 at 10:59, Tim Lewis said:

Zomboat!

The boat hasn't managed to get out of Brentford yet, which is where the first episode started. They keep coming back to it, filmed from slightly different viewpoints but still in the same bit above the Gauging Locks. Last episode had them to and fro-ing around the Commerce Road overhangs of the 1960's warehouses. They are meant to be heading to London from Birmingham!

Edited by NigelMoore

Before my time, so can't speak with authority and I have never managed to verify it, but a couple of ladies came visiting my boatyard years ago, who had grown up as little girls in a boat in Workhouse Dock. They told me they would hide out when the film crews came down, to watch episodes of "The Z cars" being filmed there with John Thaw.

Plenty of filming went on from time in MSO as well, in my time, but I cannot recall what for.

14 hours ago, NigelMoore said:

The boat hasn't managed to get out of Brentford yet, which is where the first episode started. They keep coming back to it, filmed from slightly different viewpoints but still in the same bit above the Gauging Locks. Last episode had them to and fro-ing around the Commerce Road overhangs of the 1960's warehouses. They are meant to be heading to London from Birmingham!

Maybe the zombies haven't escaped from Brentford yet?

On 05/11/2019 at 07:04, The Bearwood Boster said:

We saw quite a few boats still in 'character' when we were on the G&S summer 2018.

I did Mrs BB it was excellent really enjoyed it cant wait for Sunday

On 19/01/2016 at 17:17, mattlad said:

An episode of The Professionals had a "chase" and a shootout on a canal.

It was repeated today!

1C0F1307-5714-4CFA-B116-3239BCDB7F62.jpeg

B8742570-3765-4E94-A311-CE602A455990.jpeg

935D93E3-E489-46AF-BABE-A61D0D9C382F.jpeg