South East Visitor Moorings Consultation - Batchworth, Berkhamsted, Marsworth & Braunston

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I am a genuine boater who moves not some idiot oversaying extensively running a generator all hours in between returning back to their mooring up the cut after giving genuine boaters a bad name.

Could you define "genuine boater" and explain how it differs from a non-genuine boater? Oh and out of interest, who created these definitions?

Anyway, I'm a little confused by your statement about mooring on pins in the middle of nowhere whilst claiming to be located in London. Perhaps "the middle of nowhere" is Victoria park?

Edited by nicknorman

I'm a grown up I don't need rules made up by a self serving curropt idiots like the Tories you choose to blindly obey a bit like I don't need religion to live a sensible fair life having no negative effect on other human beings.

I have recently traveled from north to south the canals are damn empty all this nonsense is false propaganda designed to extort money from weak people who believe "the rules" are the Ten Commandments and can't be refuted.

I hardly ever moor up on pilings and usually moor on pins in the middle of nowhere, if I take my money into a town and spend money and stay 3 days rather than 2 that's perfectly reasonable as I am a genuine boater who moves not some idiot oversaying extensively running a generator all hours in between returning back to their mooring up the cut after giving genuine boaters a bad name.

We don't need rules to live on a boat chop wood carry shite and water and pay our way.

CRT use rules to hide the fact and scapegoat us for their behaviour.

The answer is simple place more piling mooring spots along the system so so called hot spots are watered down reducing impact.

Instead CRT fabricate a problem that don't exist!

Hence my answer in a watered down fashion is no jog on.

That is almost as good as the tripe they put on TV and then call it 'entertainment'

I'm a grown up I don't need rules made up by a self serving curropt idiots like the Tories you choose to blindly obey a bit like I don't need religion to live a sensible fair life having no negative effect on other human beings.

I have recently traveled from north to south the canals are damn empty all this nonsense is false propaganda designed to extort money from weak people who believe "the rules" are the Ten Commandments and can't be refuted.

I hardly ever moor up on pilings and usually moor on pins in the middle of nowhere, if I take my money into a town and spend money and stay 3 days rather than 2 that's perfectly reasonable as I am a genuine boater who moves not some idiot oversaying extensively running a generator all hours in between returning back to their mooring up the cut after giving genuine boaters a bad name.

We don't need rules to live on a boat chop wood carry shite and water and pay our way.

The answer is simple place more piling mooring spots along the system so so called hot spots are watered down reducing impact.

And breath.......

Now does that feel better?, getting all that off your chest.

Actually you appear to be someone who only wants rules to apply that suit you, and sod everyone else.

Again, this could mean the loss of moorings along this stretch, residents complaints about boaters

And CRT are on our case, let's move boaters along.

Gifford park could be another mooring site, where mooring rules are changed because of residents pressure.

Col

The problem is evolving. CRT in some cases are developing hotspots. They are doing so by not maintaining and allowing the ability to moor in some areas.

They even asked in a recent survey, for people to suggest hotspots.

This is all fine, but by their own admission, they will not be maintaining the bank, or dredging up to it unless it is a vm.

It's a very twisty path, and in my view a step towards gentrification of the canals.

A Greenie for ya!

Could you give us some figures regarding this majority please?

I know you can't of course, so I will suggest to green duck that anything Nick says should be taken with a rather large dose of salt.

Some of it is worth a laugh, but that's just about all it can amount to.

biggrin.png

Well I certainly want mooring controls. All of my friends do too. Having spoken to the odd boater who damns CRT and their EOs are usually the scruffy tykes who overstay all the time. A whole bleedin' colony of them at Wheaton Aston services a couple of years ago. Boy, did they look mean. And yes, they were all scruffy and unsociable.

Edited by Loafer
  • Greenie 1

Well I certainly want mooring controls. All of my friends do too. Having spoken to the odd boater who damns CRT and their EOs are usually the scruffy tykes who overstay all the time. A whole bleedin' colony of them at Wheaton Aston services a couple of years ago. Boy, did they look mean. And yes, they were all scruffy and unsociable.

You'd better revisit your plan to be less anonymous on the forum, else they'll be after you!

Amazing - looks like me and NickNo-one are finally in agreement over something - cos we all know where Loafer lives (many, many weeks at The Anchor) now....

and don't think C&RT will be too happy when they hear:

Edited by metanoia

Are you SURE you can't adapt it, Bizz?

BTW: I'm still using your flipside of the hotwaterbottle invention......

ETA: glad to hear the poor EOs won't have to face that as well as Loafer's bowel driven cannons

Edited by metanoia

Are you SURE you can't adapt it, Bizz?

BTW: I'm still using your flipside of the hotwaterbottle invention......

ETA: glad to hear the poor EOs won't have to face that as well as Loafer's bowel driven cannons

Which hot water bottle invention, I've used em in a few. To do with my ''Microwave bed'' invention perhaps, the bed in which you get 8 hours sleep in 4 minutes. unsure.png

Amazing - looks like me and NickNo-one are finally in agreement over something - cos we all know where Loafer lives (many, many weeks at The Anchor) now....

and don't think C&RT will be too happy when they hear:

You might be surprised to know that I haven't been moored at the Anchor for a couple of weeks now, and NEVER more than a weekend at a time. I cruise up and down a stretch of the Shroppy in the winter, visiting a few friends who have home moorings in the area. In the summer, we do an additional 500 miles a year, on average.

(Ask Junior, he passes the Anchor regularly. He would have seen a lone boat overstaying. He passed me today, in the High Onn area)

Edit: Well his boat did. Just saw 'Halsall' briefly through a porthole. He gave one of my friends a pumpout!

Edited by Loafer

You crack me up, I LURVE your sense of humour!!

They then shuffied down to Brewood or did they shuffle up to Wheaton Aston. Looked a hard lot anyway.

Edited by Leisure boater

They then shuffeled down to Brewood or did they shuffell up to Wheaton Aston. Looked a hard lot anyway.

Or they shuffled up and down by The Anchor

You might be surprised to know that I haven't been moored at the Anchor for a couple of weeks now, and NEVER more than a weekend at a time. I cruise up and down a stretch of the Shroppy in the winter