AB Tuckey & MJT Cranes

philjman

Featured Posts

Hi,

Does anyone know what has happened to AB Tuckey as Google maps responds with MJT Crane hire in Stockton and the AB Tuckey website now redirects to MJT Crane hire which has no content on it?

Have they sold up or gone out of business or something?

Phil

I tried contacting MJT three times in Sept/October to get our new boat moved. Left voicemails but never heard back from them. Used Ray Bowern in the end. Excellent personal service/reassurance and competitive. 07860 729522

Regards

Mark nb Nellie

Seems odd as they where also way known to be a great firm.

Daniel

Not in my opinion they weren't. They let me down big time, I had an arrangement with them to bring our boat from Braunston down to Bradford on Avon on the K&A along with another boat which had been bought by a Hire Company. I contacted them a few days before it was all due to take place, and they told me that the Hire Compnay had bought another boat, so they did not need our boat to make up the load any m,ore, they apparently did not even think it neccessary to inform me. They offered no apology, and offered no alternative dates as they "needed two boats to make it worth their while" I ended up having to take a winter mooring, and wait until the following year before I brought the boat down myself.

Edited by David Schweizer

Not in my opinion they weren't. They let me down big time, I had an arrangement with them to bring our boat from Braunston down to Bradford on Avon on the K&A along with another boat which had been bought by a Hire Company. I contacted them a few days before it was all due to take place, and they told me that the Hire Compnay had bought another boat, so they did not need our boat to make up the load any m,ore, they apparently did not even think it neccessary to inform me. They offered no apology, and offered no alternative dates as they "needed two boats to make it worth their while" I ended up having to take a winter mooring, and wait until the following year before I brought the boat down myself.

I know that a lot of people on here are against "name and shame" but this is perfectly appropriate.

Edited by Burgiesburnin

AB Tuckey was set up about 1970 but I think the family had been involved in haulage even before that date. It's sister organisation, MJT, which outgrew it, was set up about 15 years ago. Basically, Tuckey's did the transport and MJT the crane hire with a much larger remit than just lifting boats!. I seem to recall reading somewhere that MJT are sole contractor to CaRT for heavy lifting operations.

Both operated out of Glebe Farm at Stockton and it is quite possible that 'Tuckey's' ended up simply as the trading name for MJT's boat craning and transport operation.

Not sure why the website has had all content removed but obviously not a good sign.

A quick WHOIS check shows that the domain name abtuckey.co.uk is registered to MJT Cranes of Glebe Farm, Stockton, and expires on 28 May 2023. mjtcranes.co.uk was also registered to MJT Cranes, address withheld, but expired on 11 December 2015.

So it might be as simple as MJT forgetting to re-register the domain name or re-registration failing for some reason ...

We have had Tuckeys deliver 2 boats to Foxhangers Caen Hill today.

Maybe that's why there's nobody in the office today to answer the phone!

Thanks everyone for your info.

Phil

Edited by philjman