Pumpout and Christmas.. Anywhere open around Shardlow?

FidoDido

Featured Posts

So, Dobson's are closed for the whole of next week (and their pump has broke anyway). Just found out Sawley Chandlery are closed all next week too - although the pumpout is DIY, you need to buy a token for it at the Chandlery. Anyone know if there is somewhere else one can buy a pumpout token?

Its 10 hours return trip up to Mercia - don't have enough time to do that.

Anyone on here know if Shardlow Marina will be open on Monday (assuming Trent level drops a bit)? I only have Monday free this week.

Looks like its the portaloo for me until after NY.

Before anyone says, yes Cassettes are probably great - but my boat doesn't have one!! I also didn't bank on everything being closed for 10 days...
Edited by FidoDido

yep - will buy a couple of tokens next time, to have a "spare" at all times. Likely the Trent won't be low enough to navigate anyway on Monday judging by the weather forecast. The problem is I live on it during the week - while at work.. Means I don't get the weekends to do such things.

Time to buy a self-pumpout kit I think.. As Dobsons the only place I can get it done within a few hours, and everywhere else takes at least a day, or even two (Cant always take the time off work), then a DIY kit probably sensible, if blooming expensive!

You could make your own kit up, its only a pump and some pipe screwed to a board.

Neil

It doesn't even need to be electrical - ours is this one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Patay-Manual-Bilge-Pump-Skipper-SD60BM-model-removable-handle-and-38mm-in-outlet-/371483853320?hash=item567e29c208

We have a slightly different system in that our is a 'pump-out at sea'.

Pump is permanently mounted under the steps - there is a diverter valve so you can choose ' vacuum (machine) pump-out' or manual pump out,

At up to 80 litres per minute (depending on how fast you pump) its only a couple of minutes job - we have a 175 litre tank.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Yes I meant one like that, you can even pick them up second hand for about a tenner, so you can make it as cheap as you can find the bits. when I was going to go for pump out I bought a recon jabsco maserator for £20 for mine, still got it laying around unused.

Neil