Josher at Earls Court

zenataomm

Featured Posts

In the 1990s I was given complimentary tickets for The Boat Show at Earls Court, and as I was working for BRB I was eligible for staff railway passes (still am)

So a wonderful weekend was spent in London Town.

I recall wondering around Earls Court up on one of the balconies (I think) when I suddenly came face to face with a riveted Josher Motor resplendent in red FMC livery.

Did I make it up, or did it really happen and what was the reason ..... anyone?

I think it was the Lamprey. Another year the steam powered iceboat Laplander went. If I recall it was organized by the Canal Boatbuilders Association who got lots of publicity and were able to sidestep the difficult decision of which of their members boats to exhibit.

Paul

• Greenie 2

I think it was the Lamprey. Another year the steam powered iceboat Laplander went. If I recall it was organized by the Canal Boatbuilders Association who got lots of publicity and were able to sidestep the difficult decision of which of their members boats to exhibit.

Paul

Yes, I remember it as being Lamprey, too, Why was it there? Don't remember.

Edited by monkeyhanger
  • Greenie 1