mushrooms with no oil.

xub1

Featured Posts

Welcome to the forum xub1...

Yes mushrooms can also be cooked beautifully in a saucepan with just a couple of teaspoons of water instead of oil. Delicious!

I'd say a bit of bacon fat was present in the pan with yours though even with no oil added.

Not sure I buy the thing about washing up with one cupful of water though. Surely it was stone cold by the end, and horribly grubby!

Oil is not needed for most cooking.

You don't even need the water for the mushrooms, a lid on the pan will contain their own water.

A bit of Soy sauce and black pepper really helps though.

....Dave (first post in the cooking section....but really only typing the words, the expertise comes from Gillie!)

It reminded me of that scene in "The Young Ones" in which, to save money, the lads run one bath and use it one after another. By the time Neil gets in it looks like a muddy swamp.

According to one of those reality TV shows a few years ago, where they had a bunch of people supposedly experiencing typical life in a Georgian country house as at the time of Jane Austen, multiple use of a bathful of water was the norm then. The poshest woman went first in clean hot water, and the one at the bottom of the list wasn't liking the experience.