problems trying to get my dawncraft 27 to go left

keithh

Featured Posts

So went back to the boat yesterday successfully cleared a plastic sack from round the prop which had caused the engine to cut out also discovered that the steering cable had pulled through the wood panel so has,nt been operating properly I have a steering cable mounting bracket which I never fitted stupidly thinking it was,nt needed,providing I mount it in the right place I think it should cure the steering problem hopefully in the next few days.I have a new problem but think it needs a new thread

What happened? Did you strip it?

JohnV made a comment about trim and ballast which I thought was interesting because it reminded me of a dinghy that I used, it was 12ft by about 6ft beam and I could easily steer it by moving my weight from one side to the other ( the O/B would hold central) of course I only did this in the winter when my hands would be thrust into my pockets.

Hopefully you have the problem sorted now.

Phil

whats a greenie

Sort of like a Facebook "like" or a thumbs up. In the upper right part of the box that all posts appear in there is a little green box with an arrow in it. If you something someone said, you can click the green box in their reply and give them a "greenie".

ETA - There's a limit on the number of greenies you can give. You are allotted two per day on a "use them or lose them" basis.

Edited by Paul G2