Pub Boat just crashed into my friend

GreenDuck

Featured Posts

Hard to imagine why at least an approximate geographical location can't be given, even if OP does not wish to name and shame a particular boat or pub.

If this is a genuine retelling, and the police have not been informed, then my view is that they should be.

A meeting is happening today with friends and family due to the fact these men set about my friend, it will decide what action will be taken.

I agree with Alan, could you please tell me if this incident took place on the Macc/Upper Peak Forest Canal. If so then it is likely the same vessel involved in an incident here at my marina at about 0230hrs this morning, if not then I will drop out of the conversation and pursue this as a separate incident.

Please can you pm me and clarify the incident thanks.

What would the Police realistically do?

Gone midnight on a Saturday the immediate threat has left its no longer an emergency so they would not attend and once they did possibly hours later if the boat is moored the skipper is no longer drunk in charge of a boat.

I may be wrong I don't know!

I see your point Grenduck but arguably the situation was ongoing as there was still a commercial vessel full of fare paying passengers being skippered by a drunk man. However that's all a bit hypothetical as it wasn't reported anyway.

So your friend was forced to run away from his own boat for fear of being attacked?

If I'm reading your post right and that's the case that's shocking.

He was walking away from their boat after investigating why they just charged round a bend bounced of the towpath then rammed my friend.

He recorded the boat info and jogged off as he knew he was not able to have a reasonable conversation and collect insurance details,was then pursued by one of the guys who ran after him my friend said he had to create some distance as he was unsure if the guy would be carrying something to attack him with as his thoughts were what is there to hand on the stern if things are not good,so basically he was in a self defence scenario.

I'm just visiting for a quiet few days!!

I see your point Grenduck but arguably the situation was ongoing as there was still a commercial vessel full of fare paying passengers being skippered by a drunk man. However that's all a bit hypothetical as it wasn't reported anyway.

The boat had a few people on it so I'm not sure if at the time it was carrying customers.

Sadly a regular occurrence down here on the GU south,on average three times a year with both

daily hire boats from Milton Keynes Marina and Holiday hires from Wyvern Shipping.In fairness

I have raised it with both companies when its happened and they have offered to put any damage

right,generally scores along the gunnel but getting to their premises is more hassle than its worth

so I repaint myself.I know I speak of hirers rather than certificated captains but what do you do?

They turn up sober to hire the boat and start drinking as soon as they are aboard

Sadly not just hire boaters either. The hardest hit we ever took from a drunken boater whilst moored was not a hire boat.

12.30 at night a pub boat has just rammed the back of my friends boat!

When the skipper was approached he was clearly drunk along with his co pilot.

The first excuse was that my friends boat's been there for too long!

My friends boat has been moored 9 days no where near any notices or visitor moorings and past the bend by a good distance having numerous boat pass him all week including a CRT official.

Both men and a third man from the boat attempted to make violent advances towards my friend who then created a safe distance from the would be attackers!

They then passed his boat and side swiped him while the skipper declared he was in the right and was a licensed hireboat skipper albeit a drunk one!

I am curious for the reason behind placing this post following the lack of further detail or action.

What,s with the smoke and mirrors. Possibly, could be, might be's. I am in a position to help in this matter, I will now look into the incident that I witnessed in my marina and pay no further reference to this thread.

It's all a load of rubbish. As you say ..Possibly,could be, might be's.

Unfortunately the OP will not confirm any details with me even via a PM despite me giving details via PM of the event I witnessed.

Unfortunately the OP will not give me even the most basic of details via PM even after I have given basic details of the incident I witnessed via PM. All the OP had to do was answer yes or no to my details. Shame

Unfortunately the OP will not confirm any details with me even via a PM despite me giving details via PM of the event I witnessed.

Unfortunately the OP will not give me even the most basic of details via PM even after I have given basic details of the incident I witnessed via PM. All the OP had to do was answer yes or no to my details. Shame

You have pm'd me with no specific information I have requested you to give me this information but you have not.

How do I know you are not the actual drunk skipper trying to cover his back, so understandably I need specific details of who you are to protect my friend legally as stated in the pm which you are free to copy and paste into this thread if you think I'm being avasive.

So why not post your business details along with the so called alteration you mention rather than trying to derail the fact a drunk crashed twice into my friends boat while in charge of a commercial vessel.

Thank you.

You have pm'd me with no specific information I have requested you to give me this information but you have not.

How do I know you are not the actual drunk skipper trying to cover his back, so understandably I need specific details of who you are to protect my friend legally as stated in the pm which you are free to copy and paste into this thread if you think I'm being avasive.

So why not post your business details along with the so called alteration you mention rather than trying to derail the fact a drunk crashed twice into my friends boat while in charge of a commercial vessel.

Thank you.

I think it's you that's being evasive... So once more ! Where did this happen ???? Edited by Tisinca

Thank you.

Can you please tell us what you hoped to achieve by starting this thread?

You are unbelievable, I have done nothing but try to help regarding this incident since first thing this morning, I am not looking to derail,only help to prevent this happening again. You only had to confirm the most basic of detail, location would do. End of conversation.

You are unbelievable, I have done nothing but try to help regarding this incident since first thing this morning, I am not looking to derail,only help to prevent this happening again. You only had to confirm the most basic of detail, location would do. End of conversation.

I am happy to provide information once you have confirmed who you are its that simple so declare what Marina you run Furness or New Mills for crying out loud!

If it is a proper trip boat the police should have been phoned immediately. Maybe on the 101 number where it could be escalated if police agreed. The fact it is a trip boat means the police should have attended straight away.

Bit late to start things now except to report it and get a crime number - could help someone else if it happens again.