Paul C

Featured Posts

It's all very impressive, but isn't it time to weed out all the dead accounts - say all those who, if they posted at all, haven't done so for say 12v months?

And what about the ones who just want to 'lurk'?

There does seem to be quite a few who wish to be inconspicuous

There are certainly a good few. If you look at the bottom of a thread to see who is reading you often see names that if you click on they have never posted. If that is how they use the forum fair play to them. I don't think it fair to remove them just because they rarely or never post.

Besides does it make any real difference in terms of site running costs?

But you lose some of the forum functionality and you cant see all sections if you are not logged in.

When I am out and about doing shows and stuff (where it's pretty obvious who I am) I frequently get approached by forum members who either are afraid to post or who no longer post. The general opinion seems to be the forum is a fantastic resource, and a daunting place to be active

Lurking makes perfect sense to me

Richard

Today we can mark a minor milestone, in that canalworld.net has 20,000 registered members.

More than one eh!

In that case, do you have a figure for 'active monthly users' or similar?

A full conclusion was not made, but there was a thread a year or so ago which tried debate how to compare the size of the forum to other canal group. See; http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=59683

That seems as reasonable a measure as any! In the last month, 1279 members have visited.

Which is also a good number.

Daniel

That seems as reasonable a measure as any! In the last month, 1279 members have visited.

You can add one of o that - my hubby visits regularly but doesn't bother signing in. That's why it's so difficult to measure, but yes that probably is the best way.

You can add one of o that - my hubby visits regularly but doesn't bother signing in. That's why it's so difficult to measure, but yes that probably is the best way.

I know it's not the full picture but is useful as an industry standard to allow comparison. Twitterbook, or whatever it's called, has 1,550,000,000!

Edited by Señor Chris