MMMMarmite recipies

metanoia

Featured Posts

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2015 at 21:46, Ray T said:

My mum used to make cheese and Marmite wheels.

You’ll need:

• ¾ cup of self raising flour
• 2 tbl spoons of butter
• 1 tsp of sugar
• 3 tbl spoons of milk (add accordingly)
• 3 tbl spoons of marmite
• ½ cup of cheese

Here’s how:

1. Preheat over to 200⁰Celcius
  2. Place flour and sugar into a medium bowl and mix
  3. Add butter and mix with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
  4. Slowly add milk, to make soft, sticky dough. Add more flour if still too sticky
  5. Sprinkle flour using shaker over the chopping board. Cover hands with flour and roll mixture into dough ball. Knead lightly on flour surface.
  6. Using rolling pin, roll out dough into a rectangle shape, roughly ½ inch thick.
  7. Spread on marmite evenly and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
  8. Roll tightly and cut into even rolls, place rolls face up on greased tin to bake.
  9. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.

I also make these but just with shop brought puff. Same process very simple grated cheese on top of the marmite. Little tip tho!!!! Heat the marmite in a pan of hot water for 20 mins and it becomes alot easier to spread then roll up tight close with egg on the last of the roll libe and cut into about 1cm thick wheels and bake bake bake. Propper lovely call rm marmite whirls.

• 10 months later...

Toast with butter, Marmite and Shropshire Blue. Or double cucumber, Marmite sandwiches cut into rectangles so I can stuff them in without getting Marmite in my beard.

Ryanair's 100 ml rule is really annoying when I fly back to Sweden! :banghead:

On 22/04/2018 at 03:59, Caprifool said:

Toast with butter, Marmite and Shropshire Blue. 

Sounds like a great idea, I'll definitely give that a go when I get home and have Marmite and Shroppie Blue available.

Shropshire Blue is my favourite cheese.

Homemade sourdough - available on board - makes my favourite toast by a mile.

The thought of my favourite cheese and my favourite toast combined with Marmite  is making my mouth water.

And I'll be able to eat it all as Mrs Lily Rose hates Marmite and all blue cheeses (fool!).

• Greenie 1