Dyson V6 Animal Cordless - £239

Richard10002

Featured Posts

Bought a standard V6 earlier this year for the boat for £299, and it's great. The Animal was about £350 at the time.

Just received an email from Currys telling me that the Animal is now £239 in their Blak Bag sale. Bought one online to collect tomorrow - not sure which one will end up on the boat, and which at home - we'll see.

(cant believe I'm excited about a vaccuum cleaner!!)

Nothing wrong with getting excited about a vacuum cleaner I've done it myself this year and my latest weird excitement was about a mail order kettle. :-/

I hope you like your hoover Richard i fancy a cordless for our narrowboat when it eventually arrives.

Edited by GreyLady

We bought the V6 Animal a few weeks ago at Argos for £250 (which included a box of extra tools).

Well impressed - apart from the little filter which keeps falling out!

Argos are really worth looking at these days for a lot of things - they seem very keen to beat the likes of Currys and Amazon.

Dammit I bought a V6 a couple of weeks ago direct from the Dyson website. Supposedly special price of £230 IIRC.

I still can't figure out why the V6 Animal is so much more expensive. Seems to be the same core vacuum cleaner, I can't see how a few extra accessories cause the price to leap by 50%.

Dammit I bought a V6 a couple of weeks ago direct from the Dyson website. Supposedly special price of £230 IIRC.

I still can't figure out why the V6 Animal is so much more expensive. Seems to be the same core vacuum cleaner, I can't see how a few extra accessories cause the price to leap by 50%.

. My wife is a bit ocd and has bought dysons since the very first one, as far as I can see every model has got more and more expensive, while the build quality has got more and more crap, last year when picking in skips I found an old kirby upright and a hand held one, apart from them being a bit heavy, they knock spots off the dyson in both build quality and performance, dyson has gone from being a bit special to an also ran, in my opinion, I also can't believe I'm having a conversation about good and bad hoovers with a group of elder men, only on cwf Edited by craftycarper

. My wife is a bit ocd and has bought dysons since the very first one, as far as I can see every model has got more and more expensive, while the build quality has got more and more crap, last year when picking in skips I found an old kirby upright and a hand held one, apart from them being a bit heavy, they knock spots off the dyson in both build quality and performance, dyson has gone from being a bit special to an also ran, in my opinion, I also can't believe I'm having a conversation about good and bad hoovers with a group of elder men, only on cwf

The Kirby is a hand held cordless vacuum cleaner??

The whole point of these Dyson hand-helds is their phenomenal performance on batteries compared to other battery powered cleaners.

We don't (yet) have Dyson on board but we have had several at home. One of the best things about Dyson is the guarantee. My current machine is about three years old and still has two years of warranty left. Twice in the last few months I've phoned the company and they have sent out a replacement part straightaway. No arguing, no wheedling about the small print. Excellent service.

I think Dysons are overpriced and unreliable, but well marketed.

We had two of their early uprights.

Both suffered numerous issues, mainly with the conductors breaking in the mains lead where it goes into a moulded plug into the machine. Bearable under warranty, but two new mains leads a year at £25 a pop put me off.

Swapped for more conventional brands which clean up as well or better and last a good few years.

On the boat we use an Electrolux Workzone Stair & Carvac. Mains driven from the inverter. It has a rotating brush which cleans the rugs and mats really well.

• Greenie 2

We are discussing their battery powered hand-helds. Totally different product, and totally brilliant!

(It's a bit like a discussion of the finer points of Hudsons, and someone popping in to say they have a Springer and its rubbish!! ;) )

Both suffered numerous issues, mainly with the conductors breaking in the mains lead where it goes into a moulded plug into the machine. Bearable under warranty, but two new mains leads a year at £25 a pop put me off.

Swapped for more conventional brands which clean up as well or better and last a good few years.

On the boat we use an Electrolux Workzone Stair & Carvac. Mains driven from the inverter. It has a rotating brush which cleans the rugs and mats really well.

greenie my battery vax was a lot cheaper than the dyson and works well jayne has a dyson at home and i gave her my vax from the boat as it would not talk to the inverter, guess which hoover gets used and which one sits in the norty corner

The Kirby is a hand held cordless vacuum cleaner??

The whole point of these Dyson hand-helds is their phenomenal performance on batteries compared to other battery powered cleaners.

sorry mike but know the hand held kirby is mains as well, but even my yoghurt pot has an inverter if I'm off mains and four 240 sockets if I'm hooked up, so does not make much odds, out of interest do you not need a 240 socket to charge the battery on these cordless beasts ?

I have used several dyson uprights over the years and find them rubbish. Very cheap feeling plastics. I took a henry to a clients house after I had to plane doors inside as raining and the client said use my new dyson. Well it just spread the mess further over the floor. I went home and collected the then 15 year old brown topped henry and it sucked it up effortlessly! The client was "open mouthed and said was it very expensive" I said no it was £95 in 1990. That vacuum cleaner still worked perfectly at 21 years old and used it on 5 house renovating sucking up plaster rubble and all sorts and it never needed any new parts! We left it at the last house when we sold it as didn't have room on the removal van. We now have another that's 5 years old and still perfect.

Jamescheers.gif

I spent some time working in a vacuum cleaner repair shop (when hoover turbopower 3 was a common machine).

The first job done to any cleaner that came in was to clean it out.

despite a choice of about 50 makes / models the only machine used to clean other cleaners was an ancient henry

I spent some time working in a vacuum cleaner repair shop (when hoover turbopower 3 was a common machine).

The first job done to any cleaner that came in was to clean it out.

despite a choice of about 50 makes / models the only machine used to clean other cleaners was an ancient henry

we had henries in the army good hoover

sorry mike but know the hand held kirby is mains as well, but even my yoghurt pot has an inverter if I'm off mains and four 240 sockets if I'm hooked up, so does not make much odds, out of interest do you not need a 240 socket to charge the battery on these cordless beasts ?

Yes, but it charges up during an average engine or genny run. About an hour. That gives enough ergs to hoover the whole boat.

Mrs Loafer is delighted her 'hand-held' fnarr. Massive suction. It hoovers up flour after rolling dough, and ash from in front of the fire. No damage seen to the dyson or its filter so far.

We bought the V6 Animal a few weeks ago at Argos for £250 (which included a box of extra tools).

Well impressed - apart from the little filter which keeps falling out!

The Animal is brilliant on a boat , but we have the same problem with the filter dropping out ...was going to replace it ,but the cheapest I could find was £16 on e-bay...

Dyson v6 vacuums are beginning to look like Ecofans.

Peeps who own and use them think they are utterly brilliant, while those who've never used one seem to condemn them as rubbish based purely on the quality of the plastic mouldings!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman