Stuffed Butternut Squash

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Another butternut squash recipe we like squash, spinach and chilli lasagne.

DSC_1299.jpg

Roast the squash the night before, when cool, deseed and spoon the flesh into a bowl.

Layer a chilli tomato sauce, squash and spinach with lasagne sheets and top with a cheese sauce, mixed herbs and grated mature cheddar.

Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.

Another butternut squash recipe we like squash, spinach and chilli lasagne.

DSC_1299.jpg

Roast the squash the night before, when cool, deseed and spoon the flesh into a bowl.

Layer a chilli tomato sauce, squash and spinach with lasagne sheets and top with a cheese sauce, mixed herbs and grated mature cheddar.

Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.

Looks lovely - but missing the beautifully arranged ccold veg.....

Edited by metanoia

Heathen!! You men JUS.

Mind you, that brown stuff on top may be have been a cheese foam that burnt.

Ahem. The difference between gravy and JUS is a matter of quantity only.

If there is not enough, its JUS. If there is plenty, its gravy. As n e fule no.

(Silinng edot)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Ahem. The difference between gravy and JUS is a matter of quantity only.

If there is not enough, its JUS. If there is plenty, its gravy. As n e fule no.

(Silinng edot)

Not So Boiley,

Jus is runny gravy wot has to be coaxed from the jug as it doesn't have the strength to pour out on its own. THAT'S why there is so little of it.

• 1 month later...

I cooked this today-kinda-I bought frozen cubed butternut squash, and after cooking that, put the mixture in a pyrex dish to cook. I used one large portobello mushroom, and excellent bacon from the local butcher, and it was delicious.

I have finally found a way to eat butternut squash!

I cooked this today-kinda-I bought frozen cubed butternut squash, and after cooking that, put the mixture in a pyrex dish to cook. I used one large portobello mushroom, and excellent bacon from the local butcher, and it was delicious.

I have finally found a way to eat butternut squash!

Ahhh bacon, now its worth eating.

Tim

I slow-baked some on top of the stove overnight. Popped it into my little spuddy baker when I went to bed and the fire was down low. And scoffed it this afternoon cooked to perfection. I just seasoned it will salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic and a bit of coconut oil. It was yummy.

20160115_184049_zpsnr9slvnh.jpg

I slow-baked some on top of the stove overnight. Popped it into my little spuddy baker when I went to bed and the fire was down low. And scoffed it this afternoon cooked to perfection. I just seasoned it will salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic and a bit of coconut oil. It was yummy.

ohmy.png no butter!

Wow! i like your spud baker.I have never seen one of those before.Would love to have one.I bet you could cook all sorts of stuff in it.Where did you get IT?