Advice on this boat please

Toby knight

Featured Posts

Could anybody if they get a minute have a look at this boat I found on the Internet, I like the interior and the details are a little vague at the moment, as apparently it has just come onto the market, I contacted the marina and it's not with them at the moment they think it will be priced around 28K. Does anybody know anything about it.

Many thanks

http://www.nationwidenarrowboatsales.com/viewlisting2.php?id=283

Looks nice, £28k seems a fairly low price. Do get a survey done by a professional, it can save a lot of heartache. Make sure you know what is included - furniture, curtains etc, seems like a small matter but can make a big difference.

When was the hull last blacked?

When was the engine serviced?

Will they let you go for a "test sail"?

The list could be endless, but make sure SWMBO is happy!

Good luck

Mike

Looks like it was renamed from Violet May around 2012/2013?

Amy Built by Measham Boats - Length : 16.764 metres ( 55 feet ) - Beam : 2.083 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A . Registered with Canal & River Trust number 505498 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Other boat names on this licence plate (Historical Data)

Violet May Built by Measham Boats - Length : 16.76 metres ( 55 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 35 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 505498 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Friday 20th April 2012 )

As it's a Measham shell the steelwork should present no problems - Tony Gallimore at Measham Boats placed special emphasis on the high quality of steel and welding. The fit-out, with those arches, may not be to everyone's taste but I like it.

Go and see it "in the flesh" - at that price, if it's as pleasing as it looks from the photos, it might not hang around for too long.

• Greenie 1