Biking and Canals go together but....

Featured Posts

When I service a boiler I never adjust the gears and replace the brake blocks. 

I’m not surprised he didn’t do anything to it without proper detailed instructions. You could easily have claimed new brake blocks were not what you wanted. 

I expect he thought " I haven't been on a customer relations course so I don't need to even acknowledge this other person's presence or give some indication as to when I'll be able to deal with her."

Edited by system 4-50

5 hours ago, LadyG said:

I fell out with the local bike guy, he was serving someone, and after 5 mins,  I said, would you service this, please and left. Apparently he did not know what I meant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i worked in a garage, if you drove your car in and said service this then left, it would still be where you parked it when you came back.

4 hours ago, Winn said:

Do you wonder if he actually meant "good heavens, what a rude and impatient lady, I wonder if she will be back to explain just what she wants, maybe I will just wait and see" 

Perhaps, but I had been in a few days earlier and asked if he serviced bikes, he said yes.

Edited by LadyG

I expect he thought …….

"I have no interpersonal skills, I don't know how to acknowledge people let alone talk to them ….. I know I'll be a bike mechanic  you don't have to talk to them or pretend to be sociable."

Then you came in!

17 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

When i worked in a garage, if you drove your car in and said service this then left, it would still be where you parked it when you came back.

Really? I take my van for an MOT, and it gets serviced at the same time, I usually ask for a winter check in October, if there is something wrong in between I will get it fixed at the time. 

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Perhaps, but I had been in a few days earlier and asked if he serviced bikes, he said yes.

Okaaay... would that not have been a good time to set it up rather than insist he deal with you whilst talking to another customer...though I do accept he could have eyeballed you with a cognisant head nod. 

23 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

I book mine in for servicing, I don't need to tell them what needs to be serviced, that's up to them.

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

When I service a boiler I never adjust the gears and replace the brake blocks. 

I’m not surprised he didn’t do anything to it without proper detailed instructions. You could easily have claimed new brake blocks were not what you wanted. 

But I would leave it to you how you serviced the boiler, after all that's a different kettle of fish.

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

I book mine in for servicing, I don't need to tell them what needs to be serviced, that's up to them.

Assuming you do as we do and use the same garage then of course they know the history and exactly which service is due.  If you haven't used the bike shop before surely he would need some indication of what exactly you wanted/needed done.