Postal Address?

GreenDuck

Featured Posts

You can use one of the mail forwarders some of which will also provide a free UK street address

If you put 'mail forwarding' into one of the well known search engines there are many companies who provide the service or look in the waterway publications for those which service the waterways in particular

Hello

I hope this is helpful because I think I have it cracked for me.

I boat a lot. All year round. About 1000 miles pa.

I use a postal agency who provide a postal street address. The charges are very reasonable.Their service friendly, helpful and flexible. They are ex-boaters.

boatpost2@gmail.com

And their's is my correspondence address, although I do encourage email. (I don't want the paper!)

They email me when I have post and I then email them back to where I want it sent.

I use known friendly outlets such as pubs, boatyards, other businesses etc but mostly the Post Offices Poste Restante service, which is free.

Whilst all POs are obliged to provide this, some are reluctant and some refuse. The PO recommends that you contact them in advance but it can be difficult to find a phone number as many have the central PO number, which is the most useless I've encountered, save for HMRC of course.

However, many of these are Sub Post Offices, especially in villages, self owned private businesses and you can usually find them with a bit of Googling.

Otherwise I vote where I consider to be my 'base'.

The NHS are 'one-size-fit-all' people so my address for the NHS is care of my doctors. I check with them periodically.

I have very little problems with all of this.

James