Wifi signal

stevewest

Featured Posts

That's it now lm confused ,now what do I do. What is the best irispective of money.

We cant really say what is the 'best' we can only report what works well for us. It's for you to decide. The router that is being talked about looks to be the same model but marketed under different names. As per the links you shouldn't need to spend more than 45 quid.

After that it comes down to choosing the aerial. The rubber duck type linked to works well enough but the one that needs aiming at a signal will I guess work better but you have to align it. 'You pays your money and takes your choice' as the saying goes.

Amazon just sent rc. from prev searches

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Caravan-Wireless-Internet-Motorhome-Canalboat/dp/B00TK9WIIY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=41FlqEYyhNL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0J2M60Q8H2E6WMHK0SCJ

£230 for a £20 aerial and a £45 router hope its in a nice box

Ray

Edited by raymondh

I have this and sometimes pick up a WiFi signal when there isnt a house in sight https://www.yachtingsoftware.com/outdoor-11n-150mbps-wifi-rocket-antenna_p472.aspx

Ditchcrawler and MJG: I've just bought this antenna and I can't get it to do anything. I've seen from other postings (on other types of sites) that people have just plugged the antenna in and Robert was their uncle. They haven't even downloaded the drivers. Also, the manual says that you have to disable your other wireless adapters/ software. I'm not too keen on this since I also use my laptop everyday in the office. Can you tell me what both of you did to get this antenna working?

Sal

Ditchcrawler and MJG: I've just bought this antenna and I can't get it to do anything. I've seen from other postings (on other types of sites) that people have just plugged the antenna in and Robert was their uncle. They haven't even downloaded the drivers. Also, the manual says that you have to disable your other wireless adapters/ software. I'm not too keen on this since I also use my laptop everyday in the office. Can you tell me what both of you did to get this antenna working?

Sal

I didn't use mine with a laptop which I take it you are. I used mine with the wireless router also linked to above and set it up via. that. I've tried to have a look at the manual but that antenna is not on Solwise's web site any longer.

Solwise have a support help line - 01482 644938 open 9 to 5 today (not week ends)

Edited by MJG

Dunno if it's relevant, but the expensive amazon one is also an unlocked 3G receiver, which probably needs a SIM from 3 or similar, before it can produce its own wifi field.

The cheaper one makes no mention of 3G and probably only picks up Wifi.

Any good?

Dunno if it's relevant, but the expensive amazon one is also an unlocked 3G receiver, which probably needs a SIM from 3 or similar, before it can produce its own wifi field.

The cheaper one makes no mention of 3G and probably only picks up Wifi.

Any good?

the one i've got does both but unable to get into it to config it wondering if the problem is windows 10

Mine is working fine on Win 10

Ray

well I Plug mine in to the 12 volt circuit making sure arial was plug in to the front before powering the router up window 10 sees the router and no matter what I tried it will not connect

on the top front of the router lights are lit on lan and wan middle light marked USB iis unlit

Any help ? I have not watched as no time

I may be wrong but I am sure I had to connect by cable laptop to router for the initial set up? but once set up works with all wifi enabled devices

The output from the router is simply a mirror of whatever hot spot etc you are connected to I am at the moment using O2/Waitrose coffe shop wifi sat in my boat 250 yds ish away

Ray

have not tried hard wire

thanks will try that

You will need an Ethernet cable for that.

The USB port is for the antenna.

(sorry if that is teaching granny to suck eggs)

tried it but it asking for username and password

can;t find one in the paperwork or box

anyone help

The instructions are in the caravan and I am at home.

Try 'ADMIN' as the user name and 'password' as the password

Belay that just found the instructions on line.

try admin for both. (User name and password)

Edited by MJG

The instructions are in the caravan and I am at home.

Try 'ADMIN' as the user name and 'password' as the password

Belay that just found the instructions on line.

try admin for both. (User name and password)

brill your the man

admin and admin

thanks

MJG just beat you

Quick start guide and full instructions

attachicon.gifwl-usbwifirpt-3000-Quick Start Guide.pdf

attachicon.gifwl-usbwifirpt-3000-user-manual.pdf

thanks for the links