The war on dog poo in Whilton won

gazza

Featured Posts

I think there's a fundamental difference between horse poo and dog poo. Horses are vegetarian and don't like to eat each other's shit! You would put horse poo on your roses to fertilise them, I don't think you would do that with dog poo.

well you eat vegetables fertilised with human shit, so we're do you draw the line ?

well you eat vegetables fertilised with human shit, so we're do you draw the line ?

I was going to suggest the Nick Google "night soil". I believe that narrowboats were used to carry it out of London to be used as fertiliser invthe countryside.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=night+soil&oq=night+soil&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.6156j1j4&client=tablet-android-archos&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Careful, that's a very sweeping statement...

I'm lucky enough to live in a village surrounded by farmland, we have an ancient woodland up the back of the house with a Roman trackway running thru it. Close by is a large pond/small lake he can splosh about in.

Our Rottie gets to run free most of the time, but during the week in the wintet with the dark nights and mornings he does a lap of the block and empties himself out in our garden. Little un and work mean it's not practical to be out every night in the dark coming home with a filthy dog - is he hard done by? Not in the slightest!!

Weekends he's either off the lead roaming the above or down the boat tear arsing about.

Drawback is he's a git on a collar and lead so now has to be walked on a dogmatic head collar - my Mrs can't cope with a 46kg dog and a toddler, I can but he does my head in when not on the head collar.

He lives the life of Riley, we all benefit from his presence and do the absolute best for him.

it's not a personal attack it's a genuine query, I have a relative that is very well off, does not work yet still walks round the same field twice a day, I know life gets in the way of the more pleasant things, and my dogs will see less of the country over the winter, but I really don't get the roundabout effect I see in the field outside my window, the same people, same time of day, it does not look like they get any pleasure, more of a chore, it's almost like people have lost the ability to think outside the box,

on the estate were I grew up it was normal for the kids to pick up the dry White ones that you get from feeding bones, and use as chalk to play hop scotch, would also like to add as a life time owner of many dogs, why in modern society do people that own dogs, actually bother, when most of them walk around the same block or field once, twice or thrice a day just to allow dog to empty it's bowels so they can collect it up in a bag and take it home, I never walk my dogs round the streets or parks, I take them out in the van and walk woods and fields were I never see another person, to me that's why I own dogs they open the door to another world that I would not see if I never owned them, plus they guard my property, I can clearly see that I'm a minority just by the replys here on this thread, so what do all you lap of the park carrying a bag of shit dog owners actually get from owning a dog ??

I'm with you on this but as I live in VERY rural France the van is not required,a lot of the towns, cities, have a guy/s on a scooter, or a bit of kit that looks like a ride on lawn mower fitted with a vac cleaner & a pressure wash wand, suck it up &wash off the area,Some of the city dwellers with toy size dogs think the dog has a perfect right to crap any where they please as per the court case in Paris when an owner was prosecuted for letting her poodle crap in an up market fashion store.

This problem could be solved very easily if councils did as Dagenham Council have started doing recently by using DNA testers.

It would probably be a less costly option than having wardens trying to catch people in the act which must be very difficult to achieve. To be fully effective it would have to become law to have all dogs microchipped, something which should be done anyway.

The revenue from the increase in succesful prosecutions would surely pay for the equipment and manpower. The chances of people getting caught 'in the act' are minimul but knowing that they could get caught retrospectively should significanly reduce the amount of problems.

If CRT introduced it for the towpaths I would certainly volunteer my time for free.

This problem could be solved very easily if councils did as Dagenham Council have started doing recently by using DNA testers.

It would probably be a less costly option than having wardens trying to catch people in the act which must be very difficult to achieve. To be fully effective it would have to become law to have all dogs microchipped, something which should be done anyway.

The revenue from the increase in succesful prosecutions would surely pay for the equipment and manpower. The chances of people getting caught 'in the act' are minimul but knowing that they could get caught retrospectively should significanly reduce the amount of problems.

If CRT introduced it for the towpaths I would certainly volunteer my time for free.

to be fully effective all dogs would have to have there Dna on record, what is wrong with you, the police state we live in is slowly strangling us all, now you want my dog to be on a government database as well and even be part of policing it, if it bothers you that much why don't you stop moaning and go and pick up shit, and stop trying to force things like this on everyone else, why should we all be punished over one or two idiots, I find your stance absolutely vile and am really glad I don't live any where near you

It will be law from next April for all dogs to be microchipped.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21345730

But not in Scotland or Wales. Is a DNA sample taken when a dog is microchipped? If not, then Dagenham Council's scheme wouldn't work.

Actually, it's high time the dog licence was reintroduced. It was abandoned because it was no longer cost effective to administer (7/6d = 35p at the time), but £100 for starters would surely be self-financing? (I speak as a long-time dog owner). Probably the government think it would be a political no-no, but they may be surprised.

But not in Scotland or Wales. Is a DNA sample taken when a dog is microchipped? If not, then Dagenham Council's scheme wouldn't work.Actually, it's high time the dog licence was reintroduced. It was abandoned because it was no longer cost effective to administer (7/6d = 35p at the time), but £100 for starters would surely be self-financing? (I speak as a long-time dog owner). Probably the government think it would be a political no-no, but they may be surprised.

all my dogs are micro chipped, none of them have had there dna taken, I would also welcome the return of the dog licence but only if people were vetted themselves before being issued one, it would massively cut down on strays and may even deter the local billy big bollacks, that walks round with there slobbering bully trying to look intimidating, as it's always the dog that pays the ultimate price for there owners actions

Haha saw that after I'd posted. My brother has the website www.thelifeofriley.eu.com and he is living it too.

Checked & bookmarked! One of my ambitions is to have a drive across Spain, north-to-south and east-to-west. Have only been to Fuengirola, Mijas, Ronda - nice mountains. And picked a lemon from a tree.