Get it now before the price goes up

sbainbridge

Featured Posts

Check your profile pages to see who has taken a look.

I bet you'll find EEL in there!

She's making notes. Think I'm on her black list also, which is rather unfair as I at least offered 50p on Ebay for her boat.

What are you alleging here? That when she gets a name and address she turns up, murders the person and removes most of the body? That would give her solicitors something to get their teeth into... I might as well libel her solicitors while I'm at it.

The words. 'Regent's Canal' and 'suitcase' pop into my mind. Why?

Do students still post their laundry home to their mums to wash (and they post it back)?

I have done similar on cycling journeys - leave parcels of clean clothes on the route, swap and post dirty clothes home.

However, the clean clothes parcels is a good idea, but just have old clothes in them which just go to the bin, no need to return home anymore.

Meanwhile.... don't you lot ever go boating? Where are the photos?

I never heard of that during my time as a student (this was 1973-76). Was I the only one taking it to a launderette?

The CVS shop in Doncaster used to launder everything that was donated so my mate would drop his dirty clothes off and hopefully buy them all back a few days later.

He reckoned he always got back his stuff or better.

This was back in the days when charity shop clothes cost a few pence of course. It wouldn't be economically viable now.

She's making notes. Think I'm on her black list also, which is rather unfair as I at least offered 50p on Ebay for her boat.

The words. 'Regent's Canal' and 'suitcase' pop into my mind. Why?

I have done similar on cycling journeys - leave parcels of clean clothes on the route, swap and post dirty clothes home.

However, the clean clothes parcels is a good idea, but just have old clothes in them which just go to the bin, no need to return home anymore.

Meanwhile.... don't you lot ever go boating? Where are the photos?

Are you happy from somebody tragedy?

What is wrong with you?

ohhh wot a thought ..minced up minus me Merlot and posted off to EEL..stuff nightmares are made of...

She could make a nice bobotie out of you.

Spaghetti bolognese?

Chili-con-carne?

If she wanted some crunchy bits to go with that, she could throw in to the mix Informer Fox's three teeths.

• 1 month later...

Why are still attack me on this forum please?

People aren't attacking you as such, rather pointing out that your advert is rather strange, to the point where a reasonable person might have the right to be suspicious about it. For example, a typical advertisement for a narrowboat might show several exterior and interior view of said narrowboat, and not simply one single, solitary photograph of a wash basin.

• Greenie 3

does look a nice boat - shame there isnt a pic of the log burner in situ - had a smile at the price label still on the drinks tray - well worth the money as long as the hull is sound.

Edited by the barnacle

From the description:

"45 FT Narrow boat, ready for living. The boat was build 2015. If you need more info or view email me please. Only serious Customers. No time wasters and dreamers"

The reason I enjoy being on our boat is that I don't have to take life so seriously, can waste lots of time and dream a lot.

So that means I'm not allowed to buy her boat.

Edited by MHS

"45 FT Narrow boat, ready for living. The boat was build 2015. If you need more info or view email me please. Only serious Customers. No time wasters and dreamers"

Whenever I see the words "No time wasters and dreamers", I always take that as "passive aggressive" and move on. It implies that anybody who comes to view the boat but decides against buying it one of those things, even though the potential purchaser may have travelled hundreds of miles at his own expense to view the boat. I looked at maybe a couple of dozen boats before I shook hands on one, I wasn't a "time waster" or "dreamer" when I looked at the others and decided that they weren't the one for me.

People aren't attacking you as such, rather pointing out that your advert is rather strange, to the point where a reasonable person might have the right to be suspicious about it. For example, a typical advertisement for a narrowboat might show several exterior and interior view of said narrowboat, and not simply one single, solitary photograph of a wash basin.

I think you jest. It look like very nice wash basin.

Quick! Buy it, you fool! Before someone else does!

Apart from the gear lever sticking up through the cruiser stern deck (at least, that's what I assume it is). Why isn't the gearbox simply connected to the Morse control?

But yes, same seller etc.

Comedy Gold. As they say on Canalworld. I mean, what "the usual suspects" say.