Joining eberspacher to my calorifier,

Featured Posts

Hello,

I hope you can help.

I have a single coil calorifier heated from the engine. I also have radiators heated by an eberspacher. They are on separate systems.

Is it possible to connect the two systems so that the calorifier can be heated from both sources?

As the eberspacher is mounted higher than the engine, would there be a problem with water from the radiators circuit causing the engine cooling circuit to overfow?

Thanks!

Others will offer more technical advice than i but i believe you would need to replace your current calorifier with a twin coil type . Connected to the engine same as now and the the eberspacher hot water would run thru the second coil of the new calorifier before going to & from your radiators . This is what i have but i m not a technical type & you ll receive more detailed advice from others but i think that a twin coil calorifier is what you need .

You could do it with a couple of 3 ports but really you should get a twin coil to do it right, using the 3 ports you will need to remember to switch over manually, another consideration is that a heating circuit performs best with 25% anti freeze whereas engines are usually specified at 50% and it will mix over time due to what is left in the coil each time.

I also have a single coil and am thinking about adding a diesel boiler - so same problem as you have.

I am considering one of these as it is a lower cost option -

http://www.solarcoil.co.uk/products.html

As it will fit in a horizontal tank, I guess it will not heat the bottom half very well, but it may be possible to bend it down a bit, and half a tank is better than none :-)

Anyone ever tried this method?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your hellp. Twin Calorifier it is, I think I'll get this one as it fits under my bed to replace thee current one

http://www.coppercylinder.co.uk/825-x-350-14-gallon-twin-coil-marine-calorifier-horizontal/

Thanks for your help. ​Not sure about that one Chewbaka hopefully someone else can help you.