Ex-Brummagen Boats 'Brum Tug' Quercus

Quercus

Featured Posts

My wife and I honeymooned on Quercus in December 1990, so this year is our silver wedding anniversary.

We now have a 15' plywood Phil Bolger 'Micro' Cat-Boat on the Norfolk Broads, which we nostalgically named after our '1st boat'.

For years now, I have searched for our original Quercus and have gathered that she was sold, sadly re-named and last known to live on the River Wey.

I have really hit a dead-end on-line, so if anyone has any information about whether she is still afloat/who owns her, I/we would be ever so grateful.

Can I suggest that putting you address online way not be a good idea. When you have a few more posts someone with information would be able to cantact you via PM. In the mean time you can edit your post to remove the address if you want to.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Hi both

I remember Quercus well. At the time, in the 80s/early 90s I was Brum Boats resident signwriter. She needed re-doing and I was sat in the paint dock, setting the work out, when Alan Green, one of the directors, came in and queried the spelling with a "c " in the middle. He thought it should be "qu" instead. I didn't know, but went along with his suggestion...he was paying for the work, after all. The customer never queried the spelling. Many years later, I was queueing for Watford locks on the Leicester section en route to the National Festival, when another Quercus pulled in behind me. Chatting while waiting, I asked the question about the spelling, sketching in the circumstances....." we are members of the arboreal society" ( or something similar ) they told me..." It's certainly with a C"..oh, dear.....

Dave

If you Brummagem into here as a builder: http://canalplan.org.uk/boats/boats.php

There are only five entries. Does that help?

Esox Built by Brummagem - Length : 9.25 metres ( 30 feet 4 inches ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.8 metres ( 2 feet 7 inches ). Metal hull N/A power of 20 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 77740 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Cutter Built by Brummagem Boats - Length : 9.9 metres ( 32 feet 6 inches ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 20 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 73935 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Friday 20th April 2012 )

Jessie Built by Brummagem - Length : 18.898 metres ( 62 feet ) - Beam : 2.083 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 42 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 48727 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Jabberwocky Built by Brummagem in 1988 - Length : 14.63 metres ( 48 feet ) - Beam : 1.8 metres ( 5 feet 11 inches ). Hull colour : Black , Superstructure colour : Gn/red
Powered by an Inboard Diesel engine with a power of 55 HP. Registered with Environment Authority - Anglian Region number G14707 as a Motor boat Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 12th June 2013 )

Dear Octopus Built by Brummagem Boats Ltd in 1989 - Length : 12 metres ( 39 feet 4 inches ) - Beam : 2 metres ( 6 feet 7 inches )