Things they never tell you #4

honey ryder

Featured Posts

Things they never tell you when you decide to become a boater. #4

When stepping on or off of a narrowboat roof to a lock ladder or when mooring and you step quite far from the boat to bank, your nether garment with make a bid for the deepest recess possible; rendering you at best "distracted" and at worst, incapable of moving without further intervention.

This will usually happen at a moment when you -

A: have you hands full with both mooring line and a mooring pin, or

B: when you need both hands for a lock ladder.

C: it's lashing down/freezing cold and you're wearing 10 layers of clothing

but you can guarantee there will always be someone around hampering your efforts to "adjust"

Nobody ever tells you that where you're going, you're going to need studier undercrackers.

Be warned folks, don't try boating in a thong.

I wrote a thing about it.

Driving a wedgie between us

glutimus.jpg

Edited by honey ryder

I sort of have the opposite issue - as I get older everything is going north from bum to beer gut leaving nothing to hold up my jeans. In turn seriously compromising single handed lock operation unsure.png

I've found that shops that sell chainsaws and proper gear for them do a natty line in heavy duty gallusses as my granddad called them (braces to the posh ...or suspenders for those people the other side of the big pond)

Being big bold macho ones covered in advertising slogans for tree felling equipment they can be worn openly as a fashion statement without bringing scorn down upon oneself icecream.gif

• Greenie 1

I've found that shops that sell chainsaws and proper gear for them do a natty line in heavy duty gallusses as my granddad called them (braces to the posh ...or suspenders for those people the other side of the big pond)

Being big bold macho ones covered in advertising slogans for tree felling equipment they can be worn openly as a fashion statement without bringing scorn down upon oneself icecream.gif

Unfortunately they are just another thing to get in the way/need adjusting when either stepping of a boat or, worse, when needing the loo in a hurry on a cold wet winter's day when numerous layers are required

As to the specific problem outlined by Honey (the mental picture of which warmed the heart biggrin.png ) I believe in comfort above modesty and am prepared to make the "necessary adjustments" to my own underwear at any time or place and regardless of the audience.