Nb Archimedes

Purple Fairie

Featured Posts

No they have not been operational for some considerable time I think, but Sam says she doesn't wish to drag that story up again.

I think they have remained nominally for sale for a very long while now, and they are still listed on Apollo Duck here.

They were on the Thames, and if the Berkshire location quoted in the advert is correct, it seems they probably still are.

The advert has never put a price on the pair, but I believe there a re forum members who have enquired, and the price is fairly eye-watering.

Perhaps one of our Thames based members can confirm current location?

They were laid up for some considerable time at Aldermaston Wharf - which may be where the Berkshire reference comes from. I seem to recall hearing that they were craned out a few weeks ago, but I have no idea where they were destined.

I seem to recall hearing that they were craned out a few weeks ago, but I have no idea where they were destined.

Yes, I think I recall that to.

If Sam, or someone she knows, has any interest, I would suggest using the contact details in the advert I posted.

They were laid up for some considerable time at Aldermaston Wharf - which may be where the Berkshire reference comes from. I seem to recall hearing that they were craned out a few weeks ago, but I have no idea where they were destined.

Did I read somewhere that during their stay at Aldermaston some ( bits & pieces ) were illegally removed ( stolen) can't remember if it said what was taken; shame if true

Here is the post that says they were craned out, and where they might be going.

Linky

I would have found it faster if I had realised I did not actually know the correct spelling of Aldermaston (blush.png)

Edited by alan_fincher

We'd better give you your marching orders, then.

I am not the only one who can't spell it, at least 4 separate forum searches are needed to find all references to Alde®ma®ston - possibly more for variants I didn't try!

I am not the only one who can't spell it, at least 4 separate forum searches are needed to find all references to Alde®ma®ston - possibly more for variants I didn't try!

At the time when the marches were a regular occurrence I remember it being in the papers quite often, I guess that's when I learned the spelling.

Thanks all. The reason I asked is that I have just been appointed Bar Manager at the Albion Brewery Bar in Northampton and was told by the MD yesterday that Phipps owned Archimedes way back, and used to do 'booze cruises' on the GU. 'And wouldn't it be great if we could find the boat and do that again?'!!

Looks like he'll be in for a long wait though?

PF

Thanks all. The reason I asked is that I have just been appointed Bar Manager at the Albion Brewery Bar in Northampton and was told by the MD yesterday that Phipps owned Archimedes way back, and used to do 'booze cruises' on the GU. 'And wouldn't it be great if we could find the boat and do that again?'!!

PF

In those days I believe she was called John Barleycorn.

I was a publican in London and owned the butty she was assigned by The GUCCC.

My brewery rep. told me they'd be happy to let me have her for peanuts, but I was too busy and already had enough commitment with the two Grand Union boats I already owned.

PF

Well Lapwing is for sale ready to go

http://www.vcmarine.co.uk/boatsnb/lapwing.html