Hull Surveyor needed North West.

Featured Posts

Cygnet is out of the water, due a hull survey before blacking, but the chap who did it last time, Peter Hopley of Acorn Engineering, has just told me that he retired at the beginning of the year. Any recommendations for an alternative? Cygnet is at Shire Cruisers, Sowerby Bridge. I just need an external hull thickness survey - ultrasound I suppose.

Thanks

Mac

We've just had the boat we're purchasing surveyed at Aqueduct Marina by Peter Tindall. He was very thorough but sensible. Picked up on a couple of important issues on an otherwise immaculate top of the range boat that from experience, I feel some others may have missed or at least not focused on.

I don't think he's a member on here, but he's based at Northwich in Cheshire.

I know he travels far and wide so I can't see Mercia being a problem but your best bet is to give him a call.

All contact details and info on his website...

http://www.marinesurveysltd.co.uk

Thanks,

Will be in touch with Mr Carter in the next few days

I can't take this level of agreement on here!

Mike Carter is an excellent surveyor, but others are available.

Try either Jonathan Jackson or Paul Rutherford.

I have used both in the past, and am happy to recommend either, but am a great fan of dissensus rather than consensus.

I can't take this level of agreement on here!

Mike Carter is an excellent surveyor, but others are available.

Try either Jonathan Jackson or Paul Rutherford.

I have used both in the past, and am happy to recommend either, but am a great fan of dissensus rather than consensus.

Too late! I'm not really a cygnet, I'm a sheep.

• 2 weeks later...

Green Duck was surveyed by a surveyor based in Manchester who seems to be the new kid on the block but obviously knows his stuff,who travels all over the Uk called Glenn Black. He had the broker practically spitting feathers due to a no nonsense attitude and the faults he found on my hull survey that I thought looked pretty decent, he provided evidence of insurance to both myself and the yard on arrival and saved me 5k off the price!

Edited by GreenDuck