inverter problem

Featured Posts

Hi all

I have a power master 3000 inverter and it keeps cutting out with hardly any load it also does it with engine running .

Any ideas ?I know nothing about inverters and it came with the boat

Many thanks in advance

From the manual
M. Trouble Shooting
AC output does not stay ON
Some AC loads may not large enough to hold the inverter ON. This condition is indicated by the inverter
turning off after every eight to ten seconds, then back on again. The AC Status lamp will also be flashing
orange.
There are two possible solutions:
Increase the sensitivity of the inverter by turning the Standby control slightly counter-clockwise
until the lamp shows steady green; Increase the amount of AC load on the inverter.
Inverter shuts down due to Over Temperature
Your inverter will safely provide the output power defined in the technical data section under the
conditions specified. If the inverter shuts down and indicates over temperature, it may be that you have
exceeded one of the parameters.
Check the following:
Ensure the inverter has adequate ventilation. Insufficient ventilation can severely restrict the power
output of your inverter.
Ensure that the true power rating of your appliance (including power factor) is less than the output
rating of your inverter.
Inverter shuts down when trying to start a load
A sudden surge in load, such as a motor starting, may cause the inverter to shut down. If this occurs;
Ensure the battery voltage is within specifications when the device is trying to start: if the voltage falls
too far, you may need to increase the size of your batteries.
If the battery voltage is ok then the inverter power output may be too small.
Common problems
1. Television interference
Operation of the power inverter can interfere with television reception on some channels. If this
situation occurs, the following steps may help to alleviate the problem:
• Make sure that the chassis ground lug on the back of the power inverter is solidly connected to
the ground system of your vehicle, boat or home.
Edited by jenlyn

OK Paul thanks.

So I have two good leisure bats and my 12v system runs extremely well .

The batteries are kept up with solar panels

What I don't understand is why it does it with engine running?

From the manual

M. Trouble Shooting

AC output does not stay ON

Some AC loads may not large enough to hold the inverter ON. This condition is indicated by the inverter

turning off after every eight to ten seconds, then back on again. The AC Status lamp will also be flashing

orange.

There are two possible solutions:

Increase the sensitivity of the inverter by turning the Standby control slightly counter-clockwise

until the lamp shows steady green; Increase the amount of AC load on the inverter.

Inverter shuts down due to Over Temperature

Your inverter will safely provide the output power defined in the technical data section under the

conditions specified. If the inverter shuts down and indicates over temperature, it may be that you have

exceeded one of the parameters.

Check the following:

Ensure the inverter has adequate ventilation. Insufficient ventilation can severely restrict the power

output of your inverter.

Ensure that the true power rating of your appliance (including power factor) is less than the output

rating of your inverter.

Inverter shuts down when trying to start a load

A sudden surge in load, such as a motor starting, may cause the inverter to shut down. If this occurs;

Ensure the battery voltage is within specifications when the device is trying to start: if the voltage falls

too far, you may need to increase the size of your batteries.

If the battery voltage is ok then the inverter power output may be too small.

Common problems

1. Television interference

Operation of the power inverter can interfere with television reception on some channels. If this

situation occurs, the following steps may help to alleviate the problem:

Make sure that the chassis ground lug on the back of the power inverter is solidly connected to

the ground system of your vehicle, boat or home.

Many thanks for all the replies so far.

I'm gathering as much info as I can before I go to boat again in a few days