Boat Mattresses

Mike Todd

Featured Posts

A 4ft mattress it a standard small double size. You should be able to get virtually any mattress in that size from any of the high street outlets, if you want to try it out, or online supplier if you are not bothered about trying out.

Any recommendations for suppliers of boat mattresses (4 ft) esp those good at getting it to the boat(!)

If you are after a memory foam one we got a four foot one off the shelf no,problem from the Memory Foam warehouse. It was the Wakefild branch but they have other branches and do mail order too.

The branches do local delivery too, we had a replacement delivered to the boat at our Marina mooring at the time with no problem at all.

You would think so, but when I went to a bed superstore they didn't have any 4' mattresses at all. I ended up ordering one off of the internet.

We bought ours from one the the big sheds. They did not have any 4ft beds in the store, but if you enquire you will find that many of the beds are available to order in 4ft, at least that was our experience.

If you are after a memory foam one we got a four foot one off the shelf no,problem from the Memory Foam warehouse. It was the Wakefild branch but they have other branches and do mail order too.

The branches do local delivery too, we had a replacement delivered to the boat at our Marina mooring at the time with no problem at all.

+1

We have used memoryfoamwarehouse for our family's mattresses and recommended them to friends. The 4' size is not always in stock, but very quick to come.

I bought mine from a retailer and it came vacuum packed so transport and getting it on the boat shouldn't be a problem. Found it really comfortable.

We bought a memory foam from Hypnia on line- small double, I'm sure its 4ft. It came vacuum packed in a box and then expanded like a giant marshmallow when opened. I love it as it is quite firm but if you like a soft mattress, perhaps not

Edited by Woodstock

The bunks in Sabina's fwd cabin are slightly below size (2" in length) and are slightly tapered (about 3" in width)

I have discovered to my delight that a standard size memory foam mattress when removed from its vacuum packaging and dropped into the bunk only expands to the size available and I have not had to cough up for custom made smile.png and I agree....very comfortable wub.png

The bunks in Sabina's fwd cabin are slightly below size (2" in length) and are slightly tapered (about 3" in width)

I have discovered to my delight that a standard size memory foam mattress when removed from its vacuum packaging and dropped into the bunk only expands to the size available and I have not had to cough up for custom made smile.png and I agree....very comfortable wub.png

Thanks for all the advice - most helpful. Any more welcome!