BCN Challenge 2016

RLWP

Featured Posts

You can easily cheat if you want to. Why would you want to?

Richard

I wasn't thinking of cheating, I just wondered how it works, that's all smile.png

I might have a go at it as it sounds like fun and it would be good to get the boat down to Hawne Basin as I live on Gorsty Hill. Will have to do some careful measuring though to make sure my boat will go through Gorsty Tunnel unsure.png

Doing the Challenge on Kelpie has a lot of appeal but don't know if I could survive on 6 hours sleep :-) .

haggis

You don't have to - in fact most don't. There's only a small proportion of dedicated crews who actually go "all out" for the win and maximise their cruising time to the maximum allowed 24 hours. You could do 18 over the event, just plan the route accordingly....or 10, or 4 etc. This year we did a little less than the 24 maximum and still got a place. Not a great place, but a place. And we weren't late at the end either!!!

You don't have to - in fact most don't. There's only a small proportion of dedicated crews who actually go "all out" for the win and maximise their cruising time to the maximum allowed 24 hours. You could do 18 over the event, just plan the route accordingly....or 10, or 4 etc. This year we did a little less than the 24 maximum and still got a place. Not a great place, but a place. And we weren't late at the end either!!!

I thought there was a compulsory 6 hour rest stop? So 18 hours would be the maximum cruising time?

Edited by robert anthony

I thought there was a compulsory 6 hour rest stop? So 18 hours would be the maximum cruising time?

There is, you have 30 hrs to do 24 hrs cruising (max). Starts at 8am finishes at 2 pm.

Beer finished by 2:15!

Edited by nicknorman

I imagine Team Beau will be there again, continuing our plan to score progressively less each year. I predict that by 2030 we will achieve our goal of a minus score.

p.s. I have seen cheating on the challenge but we beat that boat in the rankings anyway, so no harm done!

We're planning on taking Iona up to Ripon next year so definitely no Team Iona. We actually quite fancy joining a team with a more leisurely approach to the Challenge and arrive at the end before the beer runs out.

Does Team Clarrie fancy some extra crew Laurie?

We're planning on taking Iona up to Ripon next year so definitely no Team Iona. We actually quite fancy joining a team with a more leisurely approach to the Challenge and arrive at the end before the beer runs out.

Does Team Clarrie fancy some extra crew Laurie?

Wish I had the room.

:)

Back to Team Cobbett then?

Richard

Oi! Team Cobbett did pretty well the year we crewed.

Wish I had the room.

:)

Ah well. Maybe we'll join Odana's walking crew, book B&B in the area and finish our walk strolling beside Clarrie :)