BCN Challenge 2016

RLWP

Featured Posts

After legging it over (as opposed to legging through) Dudley and Gosty tunnels, and arriving at Hawne Basin via the gate, Team Leggitt are in recovery mode. At 26.6 miles in total we actually DID walk a Marathon Challenge. And bloody good fun it was too!

Mission for next year is to spread the word and encourage more non- boaters to participate....

post-5787-0-36754300-1464527768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Odana

After legging it over (as opposed to legging through) Dudley and Gosty tunnels, and arriving at Hawne Basin via the gate, Team Leggitt are in recovery mode. At 25.6 miles in total we actually DID walk a Marathon Challenge. And bloody good fun it was too!

Mission for next year is to spread the word and encourage more non- boaters to participate....

Well done you

Got up too late(5.30) so plan has changed slightly. Had some racial abuse with threatened violence from a gang of youths at Walsall top lock yesterday. Not nice, sister was quite scared. Cheers Graham

Sorry to hear that, did you report it to the police? Needs to be so they can at least record the incident.

What was the nature of the abuse?

Sorry to hear that, did you report it to the police? Needs to be so they can at least record the incident.

What was the nature of the abuse?

We have reported it and it is recorded on my bow camera. They started with an odd comment saying normally they didn't like white guys but son was Ok. Then they started to call him a derogatory term and surrounded him as he tried to work the lock. Son is a Marshall arts expert so but felt threatened enough to start planning who to take out first if violence was offered. Sister came up to join son figuring it may refuse things. They tried to get onto the gunwales and I shut the back doors to prevent boarding. Things calmed but they continued to shout and hassle son and sister until I could get them back on board. Once we got going they didn't try and follow.Police are due to come and interview us and want the boe camera footage. Cheers Graham

• Greenie 1

Just made my coach to get back to Bristol. Spey tried hard to block a bridge 'ole to hold us up. Thanks to Captain Pegg for letting me join Team Vulpes and to Team Tawny for sharing their food last night. Looking forward to getting home and analysing what we did in preparation for next year.

Ah, nothing rounds off a lovely weekend more than getting safely home and pumping out your shit tank...

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did. Apologies for fenegueing* at the end, went back to the Cat, had something to eat, watched the Grand Prix and then the Old Swan did its magic. Hope nobody complained about an engine running after 8pm.

We'll be in this next year (Nicki and John in the top one).

a618dbf8323558e48f1d995dade3d1c2.jpg

*a word of the Mate's invention, having "lightweight" connotations.

After legging it over (as opposed to legging through) Dudley and Gosty tunnels, and arriving at Hawne Basin via the gate, Team Leggitt are in recovery mode. At 26.6 miles in total we actually DID walk a Marathon Challenge. And bloody good fun it was too!

I'd be up for that. I did the Shine Walk one year for Cancer Research which was 26.2 miles around London, apart from the riverside bit it was a trudge along streets and I'd rather walk along towpaths.

Back home after boating down the Dudley and Stourbridge today. Given the choice of the beautifully empty Perry Barr and Rushall flights, or dealing with the curmudgeons on the 16, I'm already getting cravings for the BCN again. One of the nice things about the Challenge is that everyone is determined to enjoy themselves!