BCN Challenge 2016

RLWP

Featured Posts

Braunston?

Hum, it's actuall good in Braunston these days. But no, we are on the BCN.

I've just been given permission to reveal our super secret location.

<Fanfare>

Red Wharf, Tawny Owl and The Cat Who Walks By Himself are at.............

Star City!

It must be a banter, there has been singing.

There is talk of 'genting', whatever that is.

Just realised you said the Cat is there, that can't be true there are locks, did the boat come by road?

Guelrose is 'almost' in her starting position.... Been here since noon, only trouble is two other challengers are her as well and they are below the locks, we have to turn, reverse down the lock, take a photo and then come back up the lock. One crew member is crashed out already, I am here and the rest are still in the pub!! What time are we supposed to be starting in the morning?

p.s. How do I post a photo.....?

Guelrose is 'almost' in her starting position.... Been here since noon, only trouble is two other challengers are her as well and they are below the locks, we have to turn, reverse down the lock, take a photo and then come back up the lock. One crew member is crashed out already, I am here and the rest are still in the pub!! What time are we supposed to be starting in the morning?

p.s. How do I post a photo.....?

Ah at Parkhead then.

Deepfields?

After all it's a triple word score location.

Na rubbish route from there

No, but a good guess

We are not alone here, so at least one other forumite knows.

Time for bed now, long day tomorrow

Am I allowed to guess or is that cheating?!

Suppose I better get to bed or won't be getting any sleep - Baby Lily will probably be awake again soon! Apologies if she disturbs you,she was having a full on tantrum earlier this evening and must of been heard all along the moorings!

Tom

I'm a bit of an impulse person. Reading this thread last night I thought sod it we'll get Iona there. Then checked it out on canal plan. Humph - impulsiveness and narrow boating don't work well together. Have fun folks :)

Am I allowed to guess or is that cheating?!

Suppose I better get to bed or won't be getting any sleep - Baby Lily will probably be awake again soon! Apologies if she disturbs you,she was having a full on tantrum earlier this evening and must of been heard all along the moorings!

Tom

I would hoped you would have guessed correctly Not heard at thing BTW, it there are tantrums from our boat that will be me.

Ocker bonk?

Yep Ocker Hill, same start point as last year, boring aren't we.

Lots of movement at Star City as boats jostle for the off. Captain Cat has survived RedWharf's attempt to sabotage his challenge with over-large gins last night, and the Orca and Richard are still loved up.

Team Leggitt has discovered a flaw in their cunning walking plan ... Mooring on offside is not conducive to starting walk on towpath side. We will have to cadge a lift for the first 10 feet.