So many spiders!

Roadrunner

Featured Posts

My boat has got lots of spiders. Today I went to have a shower and there was a massive spider crawling about in the bath, so scooped him up and put him out the window. I personally don't mind them apart from the cobwebs! Which you remove, only to be replaced. I have had a few drop down from the ceiling and then go back up!

Jamescheers.gif

I cleared boat of spiders few weeks ago, carefully collected and directed them elsewhere..returned boat at weekend and hardly any there...those that are can stay. Don't mind a few but mass invasion to go, same with house if see them crawling off away from me I ignore..but if they invade my space they get evicted...never kill them

How do you know this? Genuine question. I have never spotted a spider squatting up and curling one out, so how do you know that spider crap is the culprit?

I have visions of them hanging their asses off a beam in a paint dock to poop on the paint at the moment...

Mrs. Athy reckons that they sunbathe on the wooden surrounds of our portholes and leave aforementioned little black spots on the wood. This, she asserts, is difficult to remove.

I, of course, being a chap, never notice these marks. I just enjoy watching the clever wee things hurtling about on their almost invisible threads.

Just over a year ago we had a many page thread on this ...........

Click Here

Wasn't there mention of boaters having biscuit tin lids on mooring ropes to keep the biggest spiders at bay?

I cleared boat of spiders few weeks ago, carefully collected and directed them elsewhere..

...the boat moored behind/in front does nicely ;)

I think that's the funniest thing I've seen for a while!

We have a rubber spider on a fishing line in our kitchen, behind the ceiling strip light. When we have visitors I nip behind the chimney and let it silently down to come close to their faces. Have had a few screams!

(yes, yes, childish, I know...)

There are many kinds of spider silk. ~~~ For example, thisgarden spider can make seven different kinds of silks.

I'm not sure that redirecting spiders to him in front or behind does much for building friendships but suppose could sneak out dead of night...I, once managed to get humongous spider in plastic tea pot of the children and bunged the whole lot over my neighbours fence as he was walking by....he kindly returned teapot minus arachnoid.