Featured Posts

He's a great help & we have "paid" him in the past with pop,choccy & choccy bickies.Sadly,he wasn't around when we went down in July & came back up at the end of September.Mind you,they're a bostin,easy set of locks & you don't really need any help

Trina

Any idea who the helpful chap at the Delph 9 is? He was pleased to see us proceeded to set the locks for us.

Was he a geordie bloke on a bike?

If so he would have been Geordie Jim.

Helped us at The Delph and then shot off on his bike to the Stourbridge filght to get the locks ready for us there.

A very helpful chap indeed.

We've met Geordie Jim in the past,different guy to John.Jim doesn't have special needs & has actually done some boat moving for hire companies.He lives in Kiddy & helps boats on the Staffs & Worcester as he loves the canal. Two different helpers & both great guys

Trina

When I was last at Bumblehole near the Bratch, someone had inked out the 'ble' bit in the middle of the name on a bridge plaque there. It was the usual plaque in black, with raised white lettering, and the 'ble' bit was almost invisible.

I was giggling all the way back north for weeks.

My wife swore it was a white plaque with black lettering. I bet her fifty bl*w j*bs that she was wrong.

I was right!

I'm still giggling 3 years down the line!