Speed limits and unpowered craft?

Monsoon merchant

Featured Posts

You raise an interesting point. Certainly, where we moor, boats from the local canoe club go racing along the canal at a much greater pace than the official speed limit. So I guess it does not apply to them. But why not?

This has never occurred to me before!

You raise an interesting point. Certainly, where we moor, boats from the local canoe club go racing along the canal at a much greater pace than the official speed limit. So I guess it does not apply to them. But why not?

This has never occurred to me before!

I also know it doesn't apply to unpowered vessels but don't know the reasons why.

You clearly both don't remember the topic being discussed in recent thread.

The speed limits in the BW bye-laws apply only to powered craft.

Edited by alan_fincher

Hi,

Do they apply? I have seen something regarding the Trent which says they don't apply to unpowered craft, but can't seem to find out if this is the same elsewhere.

Anybody know?

Thanks.

How would you know how fast you were going in a canoe? Certainly for Rowing boats it's unusual to have a speedo.

How would you know how fast you were going in a canoe? Certainly for Rowing boats it's unusual to have a speedo.

same way that us boaters do

normal pace observe walkers

passing moored boats listen for people to tell you if too fast .