Aerial issues

umpire111

Featured Posts

Advice please, have a car type radio with FM and dab. Also have a TV (free view). Have a single co ax cable from the inside to the roof. Have connected both radio and TV through a reception amplifier but cannot seem to get any dab reception. Is it possible to use a single aerial and cable for both the dab radio and TV? Bought the small aerial from Maplan and it stated is would work for dab and tv

It may help to know the model of aerial and amplifier. It could be the amplifier filtering out the DAB, does it claim to work for DAB, or just TV frequencies ?

If you are in a reasonable signal area you could try the DAB without the amplifier.

My experience with a DAB car radio in the boat is that it just doesn't work with a simple stick aerial, but it will work with one of those sticky-on-a-car-window folded dipole type aerials.

Something to do with 'impedance'

Given that the connectors for FM/AM radio and DAB are different I don't see how you can get both via one aerial connector. There are adaptors in the market that will split the signal from a conventional car antenna to give both but they don't work with all systems, typically not with amplified antennas.

Errr. have you connected the aerial to the FM and the DAB connections on the 'car radio'.

There will (probably) be one for each.

Have run my DAB radio and Freeview TV from the same 'stick' aerial and as long as we are in a good signal area it works.

They are now both working on the same log periodic (TV) aerial