Anyone want a job on the River Wey?

Dave_P

Featured Posts

24 hours a week, for £11,000! For £8.80 an hour you have management responsibility as well as maintaining water levels. And a part- time job, which means you have to have a second job or not survive. Trouble is, it is the sort of job you could fall in love with, and end up giving well over and above the 24 hours they are willing to pay for. Only apply if you have a partner earning silly money for doing little!

24 hours a week, for £11,000! For £8.80 an hour you have management responsibility as well as maintaining water levels. And a part- time job, which means you have to have a second job or not survive. Trouble is, it is the sort of job you could fall in love with, and end up giving well over and above the 24 hours they are willing to pay for. Only apply if you have a partner earning silly money for doing little!

I agree with your sentiment in general but the fact remains that many people have to survive on less than £11000 per year. Until recently I was one of them.

I spent one year living solely on a £10000 career development loan and the following year earning the princely salary of £11,950 on a work placement.

Many years ago I worked full time for the National Trust for around £11000 plus tied accommodation. A good number of my colleagues were married ladies who didn't really need to work. My car stuck out like a sore thumb in the car park, if you get my drift...

Edited by Dave_P

Not necessarily, I've earnt less than that for a good few years. Bit more at the moment though.

And working in what is one of the most expensive areas of the country!

Tim