BACK AGAIN!!! How about a barge for 60k??

pinkiescot

Featured Posts

i find living on my widebeam no different than living in a flat mine could have 2 bedrooms if wanted but 1 large one with an 3 seater reclining sofa in it is my choice. my kitchen is larger than jaynes in her bungalow and so is the bathroom. we recently viewed a house overlooking the sea it was a joke the 3 bedrooms combined were smaller than my one bedroom it had a 350k price tag it was the real joke. i overlook water for far less money and i have a moving garden clapping.gif

as i have said to pinkie scott before follow your dream

Edited by peterboat

Then it probably isn't for you, but if you don't try you will never know.

You definately need to look at the transportation side of things, before looking at boats. This is the problematic aspect for you and might be the deal breaker.

Best to ignore negative comments like this, I suggest...

• Greenie 1

Best to ignore negative comments like this, I suggest...

Not really. The OP expressed her shock, in an earlier thread, that anybody could expect her to live on a boat (linked to by another poster) which was far larger than boats which 99% of liveaboards live aboard. So it's not "negative" to suggests that she gives some thought to the limited space which would be available to her before she makes a serious financial commitment.

Not really. The OP expressed her shock, in an earlier thread, that anybody could expect her to live on a boat (linked to by another poster) which was far larger than boats which 99% of liveaboards live aboard. So it's not "negative" to suggests that she gives some thought to the limited space which would be available to her before she makes a serious financial commitment.

The intended irony in my post clearly passed you by!

Thanks for all your comments and the personal messages, I am sifting through the info, but it's been really really helpful, there is something in particular I love, but since I shan't have the cash til just before Xmas, I would like to keep that to myself!

Thanks for all your comments and the personal messages, I am sifting through the info, but it's been really really helpful, there is something in particular I love, but since I shan't have the cash til just before Xmas, I would like to keep that to myself!

Good idea,

Ive posted a boat i liked on here asking for advice, some lovely person posted 'I am glad you liked it, weve just put a deposit on it'

all the best with your boat hunt, I hope you get something really lovely.

Edited by GreyLady

glad to see you are back when i bought joyce my current boat i had to bargain hard it was a straight cash sale and that always helps i told no one in the boat world what i was doing because you never know they offer a few quid more and you have had it. play your card close to your chest. i am sure you will enjoy the boating life i came from the same direction caravans and motorhomes, and you are not making my mistake which was buying a narrowboat first so good luck and hope you have that early christmas present

glad to see you are back when i bought joyce my current boat i had to bargain hard it was a straight cash sale and that always helps i told no one in the boat world what i was doing because you never know they offer a few quid more and you have had it. play your card close to your chest. i am sure you will enjoy the boating life i came from the same direction caravans and motorhomes, and you are not making my mistake which was buying a narrowboat first so good luck and hope you have that early christmas present

Thanks peter, we shall see what happens .... 'if' it is still available and I can win my daughter round, it will happen if the seller wants to strike a decent deal on it, as I shall be in an excellent position.

I've had so many comments on here, but people post things rather blindly, telling me to look at 'amazing' boats that only have one bedroom, and bring up pointless comments about my previous thread, which aren't helpful in any way since I changed my budget.

Funny how there are those that just like the sound of their own voices......but at least you can start the engine and sail away from them once your onboard!!!! HA! (That must be the reality of living the dream!)

Funny how there are those that just like the sound of their own voices......but at least you can start the engine and sail away from them once your onboard!!!! HA! (That must be the reality of living the dream!)

Their are lots of people on here that have a lot of knowledge and are very freindly and helpfull, but their are just a few that are rude and talk jibber.

Its worth sticking around the forum, good luck pinkiescot.

Thanks peter, we shall see what happens .... 'if' it is still available and I can win my daughter round, it will happen if the seller wants to strike a decent deal on it, as I shall be in an excellent position.

I've had so many comments on here, but people post things rather blindly, telling me to look at 'amazing' boats that only have one bedroom, and bring up pointless comments about my previous thread, which aren't helpful in any way since I changed my budget.

having just taken early retirement i cant wait to drop ropes and go cruising but i seem to have so much to do. most of it was generated by me to achieve what i want in my boat not an ex so i can only blame me. i will be off next year i have a cunning plan but cant write about it on here because if it comes off it will a nice business with very little effort fingers crossed. hope you talk your daughter round and your deal becomes the dream

peter