EE are at it again! 100gb sims

GUMPY

Featured Posts

So the question is can I use this sim to watch movies on my iPad via my mobile?????????

Yes you can though mine is in an old phone connected up to bluetooth mouse and keyboard and an old telly's HDMI slot keeping my son happy with Netflix and games during half term hols at my broadbandless workshop.

This is all absolutely Chinese to me.

We have 2 pay as you go EE mobiles and an iPad Air 2.

So the question is can I use this sim to watch movies on my iPad via my mobile?????????

As long as one of your mobiles can create a Personal Hotspot, (I think all Androids can, and the later iPhones as well), you can pop it in the phone and your iPad and other things will be able to connect. Bear in mind, the phone in question will no longer be on the number people know for it, its number will be that of the new SIM.

Will any wireless dongle work?

Probably but you are mixing your dongles and mifi. wink.png

A 'dongle' only connects your laptop computer to the internet.

A 'mi-fi' connects to the internet but also allows a number of wi-fi equiped items to connect to it and thence the internet. (laptops/phones/ TVs etc.)

What size sim card does it need?

That will depend on the mi-fi but whichever it takes then the supplier of the sim, usually, will supply the correct one or exchange one if you have the wrong one.

Some sim come in all three sizes and it is just a matter of cutting/pushing out the one you need.

Are they any good?

Yes but as with all things it depends on where you are, for instance this morning we were in a deep cutting and could get 4g with a full signal, we are now in open country near a village and I have had to 'lock' my mi-fi to 3g only as it kept dropping out.

The wi-fi connection to our laptops is always perfect, it is just getting the mobile broadband signal that is sometime a problem.

I bought my Mifi from 3 shop on payg with a 1gb sim. Put the EE sim in and now get full speed 4g. Still have the 1gb sim as emergency. Cost £60 but have saved that easily this year

Oh and its a full size sim.

Edited by Loddon

Yes, you are right I am getting confused. The sim card bit I only ask because I have popped the current EE 100gb one out to be a mini sim to fit my phone, but I can always get an adapter should this not be right. I shall have a browse on ebay.

The EE sim comes as a 3 in one (or all the other offers did, not opened this one yet) so if you keep the bits you pop it out of then you can just reuse them to make it back into a big sim again.

We have to do this as it goes in the car mifi that takes the smallest sim & also our hours sim router that takes a full sized sim.

• Greenie 1

Just seen this thread and ordered my sim. I am going to Spain for the winter so ideally wouldn't want to start till I get back at end of February. According to the instructions on the EE site I have to activate it and pay the £10 within 14 days to qualify for the 100Gb. People have posted that they have two to start on different dates. How do you do this please? Do you pay the top up then delay sending the text requesting the "free" data. If so what happens when your £10 top up runs out after 30 days?

From the EE website:

"Christmas SIM: Get your SIM by 23:59 on 29 December 2015, top up £10 within 14 days of getting it to buy your Data Pack then text CHRISTMAS100 to 150 to activate the 200GB free UK data. You get 100GB each month for 2 consecutive months. Free data starts as soon as the 1GB of data in your Data pack runs out and lasts up to 30 days."

I'm banking that they have to be activated by about 12jan 14 days after 29th dec. Last year my last activation was end of March cos they didn't put a time limit on it.....

You don't have to activate wirhin 14days of receipt just within 14days of offer ending

Edited by Loddon

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my sim in and done the top up and text to get my 100Gb. But when do you need to top up again?

If I wait for example 25 days and top up (assuming I still have data left) will my new 100Gb start then or 30 days after the original start date?

If I wait till, for example the 35th day after the original start date will I loose the offer for the second month?

I thought the second month of 100Gb started automatically, and was included in the initial £10 topup?

correct, my 2nd month started earlier this week.

' we hope you've enjoyed your 100GB free UK data. As an extra treat, we've given you 100GB free for another 30 days!'

Got the sim and topped up tenner and text came daying we have added 200gb to your account. All good.

Having only ever downl oaded from BBC i player to the laptop can someone suggest ways we old non techy folk can enjoy this cheap offer. Can we download films from somewhwere to watch on laptop using our dongle. Advice please. KIS!

• 4 weeks later...

This is the 4th offer and each sim lasts 2 months for £10.

I have been on them since last December.

You seem to have had cintinuous free useage fir over a year now. My current Christmas deal sim ends 23rd Feb. How long before then are they likely to announce the next sim deal, if things follw last years trend?