Amazing spaces on TV now

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

Massive wide beam Dutch barge and the owner did a self fit out which left him with only one bedroom, the 2 children had to sleep in a sort of glory hole in the bows accessed by crawling in, heads up , children do not remain small.

He did a good job but storage seemed to be lacking.

Phil

I thought the children's bedroom was very badly thought out. It would be difficult to nurse a poorly child in that space and with two children in such close proximity they will never get a chance to have any more children.

That did seem to be much of a problem on the old working boats with a 6 foot back cabin to live in.

That boat really didn't appeal to me, which is a shame. I just didn't think the space seemed to be used very well - what happens when they have 2 children in their early/mid teens stuffed in that little hole?

They seems to spend ALOT of money on the project too - wasn't it like £40k for the boat and another £50k on the works?

I also watched one last week i think it was with an old lifeboat.

Edited by Lmcgrath87

That did seem to be much of a problem on the old working boats with a 6 foot back cabin to live in.

Assuming did = didn't. The old boat families used to pass their older children on to other boats to help with the work when space got too tight.

N

Assuming did = didn't. The old boat families used to pass their older children on to other boats to help with the work when space got too tight.

N

But they still managed to produce them from small cramped living conditions with the other kids just a few feet away

Moving away from the bedroom....

Did anyone else think there was something odd about the porthole windows?? it looked like they all had to be cut in to the roof lining, but from outside they looked perfectly proportioned.

Do you think they 'overstuffed' the roof/ceiling or was I missing something??

Did anyone else think there was something odd about the porthole windows?? it looked like they all had to be cut in to the roof lining, but from outside they looked perfectly proportioned.

I just thought there was a bit of trim missing between inner lining and window frame leaving some insulation showing, get the impression they get as much done as possible for the show then leave the finishing touch,s for after, don't remember seeing much of the rear of the boat either, so maybe the boys will have a bedroom when it's all done as well, over all good job I think

I didnt spot the portholes and I think I have deleted the program now, One thing I have often noticed is that when people use traditional portholes on modern /newish boats they put them on inside out , with the closure on the outside, to put them on correctly requires quite a large diameter trim on the inside to clear the hinge and closure bolts

I felt it seemed not very spacious and that the kitchen took up most of the space. Me personally would of had the kitchen at the rear on the 3 sides and kept it fully open to the salon with at least 2x 2 seater sofas with the woodburner on a bulkhead facing down the boat with a sofa either side. then a corridor past a bedroom with bunk-beads, Possibly separated by a walk through bathroom, then a door into the master-bedroom at the bow with doors out to the front.

I would certainly of wanted a spacious layout with fully separate bedrooms.

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

Yes - I commented on that - the portholes from the inside were too close to the ceiling - touching, in fact. Also there was a coffee table between the sofa and the stove that must have been just put there for the TV show because it left very little space to pass by or access the stove properly :D