Slow Cooked Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

In a large bowl add minced meat, any will do we used steak mince this time, wholemeal breadcrumbs, egg, mixed herbs and some cajun seasoning. Mix well and split into large balls.

Flatten out the balls and add chopped mozzarella then mould the ball around the cheese.

In the slow cooker pot add some chopped onion, garlic and a tin of chopped tomatoes then sit the balls on top. Cook on low power for six to eight hours.

Served here with wholewheat pasta.

DSC_1160.jpg

• Greenie 1

Try mixing the pasta with the sauce in the pot before you serve it. Putting a pile of sauce on top of plain pasta is just wrong, but a very British thing to do. Pasta shapes like fusilli are designed to trap sauce, you are insulting the pasta by serving it in such a manner.

Try mixing the pasta with the sauce in the pot before you serve it. Putting a pile of sauce on top of plain pasta is just wrong, but a very British thing to do. Pasta shapes like fusilli are designed to trap sauce, you are insulting the pasta by serving it in such a manner.

You have it how you like it, and we will have it how we like it.

The sauce is there in the pot if you prefer mixing it first. Personally I prefer mixing it on the plate. That way I can choose how much or how little sauce I want on the pasta.

No pics, but we slow cooked some belly pork in pear cider recently, with some sliced up pears thrown in for good measure. The belly pork was served with a slice of black pudding. Cooked low and long, it was very nice.

ps will try the meatballs.