Emergency mooring

fudd

Featured Posts

Morning. My now ex other half is going through the process of buying a 57 x 12 wide beam. She was verbally promised a mooring but it's fallen through. She needs to be somewhere on the Lee or Stort area. If anyone has any contacts or know of anywhere I would greatly appreciate it. Even if it's only for a couple of months. I know it's a long shot but if you don't ask!

Thanks Steve P

A bit extreme but if they're looking for a permanent mooring there's a boat for sale on the Leyton Marsh moorings which might be transferable as it's managed by Springfield Marina:

http://apolloduck.net/379025

At the more temporary (and pricier) end of the spectrum I'm sure I saw some winter moorings going at Limehouse as well.

There's a Lea and Stort facebook group which would be worth hitting up, and they could try London Boaters too.
Edited by Jambo

A bit extreme but if they're looking for a permanent mooring there's a boat for sale on the Leyton Marsh moorings which might be transferable as it's managed by Springfield Marina:

http://apolloduck.net/379025

At the more temporary (and pricier) end of the spectrum I'm sure I saw some winter moorings going at Limehouse as well.

There's a Lea and Stort facebook group which would be worth hitting up, and they could try London Boaters too.

Thank you. I'll tell her.

I don't know why folk have to go for 12' wide boats when moorings for them are very few and far between on the Lee and especially the Stort and if you happen to get evicted with one it's a devil of a job finding another mooring, even on the wider Lee, GU. 10' wide is more sensible, we have 10' wide beams here and one 12' in the only berth that will take a 12' wide beam and that other boats can squeeze past it. Luckily they rarely move, only to the pump out, 12' wide boats often get stuck on the twisty Stort and in locks. That extra 2' width can really b----r things up for you.

I don't know why folk have to go for 12' wide boats when moorings for them are very few and far between on the Lee and especially the Stort and if you happen to get evicted with one it's a devil of a job finding another mooring, even on the wider Lee, GU. 10' wide is more sensible, we have 10' wide beams here and one 12' in the only berth that will take a 12' wide beam and that other boats can squeeze past it. Luckily they rarely move, only to the pump out, 12' wide boats often get stuck on the twisty Stort and in locks. That extra 2' width can really b----r things up for you.

I know. It's just gone a bit pear shaped for her. Thanks Bizzard.

has she spoken to Belinda, the CRT mooring warden? not all CRT moorings on the L&S are auctioned. There are sometimes temporarily empty berths, too. Also try the various cruising clubs, you never know.

I'll pass it on. Bit cheeky, but would you have a number for Belinda? Thanks.

Limehouse marina did recently put in some new pontoons. Not sure but they may be available for winter moorings then summer visitors after that or maybe they are full residential berths?

Worth a call about them as there is a ~14ft wide Dutch barge on there which turned up fairly recently.

That must be what the new pontoons are for.

Not cheap but its a nice enough place and fully serviced moorings I think with elec and water :)

Looks like they are leisure moorings so may not have letter boxes although I think the marina office will take deliveries as I did that once and I was not and have never been a resident in the marina.