Even Jig Saw puzzlers dislike us.

Featured Posts

Hmmmm....the boats have passed on the wrong side, the cyclist is slowing down courteously, no one's totalled the swan yet...anything else? At least the artist hasn't made the fishermen look cheerful.

Oh, and the boat isn't cruising with its fenders down because it hasn't got any fenders.

Edited by Athy

Dog in cut chasing swan, dog running free on towpath man playing accordian on bow - noise.Judging by the dust from the lycra clad cyclist has locked his wheels to avoid running ducklings over. Not to sure about the bickini clad lass on the roof or the naked women in the boat. Dog on bow is wearing a red / white spotted scarf - ask Chris B about these! Woman steering can't see where she is going.

Edited by Ray T

I visited the Anglo Welsh hire boat site at Pontcysyllte today. There were jigsaws there but I couldn't take a picture as the assistant there asked me not to! The jigsaws were quite jolly and had none of the situations shown on the jigsaw illustrated by the OP.

A lot of shops don't allow you to photograph their wares.

If you have one of they there clever'ish phones it'll find your item on't web and then tell you how much cheaper you can get it elsewhere.

When I first saw that jigsaw it had a title something like ......

"The wife said, get out from under my feet, have a nice quiet peaceful morning angling ......."

What's wrong with the dog chasing the swan? They should be encouraged to do so. The further away they chase them, the better it will be.

My sister's dog chased a swan right up to the point the swan turned around, spread it's wings and hissed. The dog ran off leaving a generous trail of wee behind it

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Dog in cut chasing swan, dog running free on towpath man playing accordian on bow - noise.Judging by the dust from the lycra clad cyclist has locked his wheels to avoid running ducklings over. Not to sure about the bickini clad lass on the roof or the naked women in the boat. Dog on bow is wearing a red / white spotted scarf - ask Chris B about these! Woman steering can't see where she is going.

Are you saying the accordion is wrong because you don't like the instrument, rather as I'd say playing the bagpipes south of Gretna Green is wrong?

I've seen a man playing a concertina on the bow of a boat, he was on a boat that had just followed us through Braunston tunnel so I'd heard his repertoire for 20 minutes before seeing him.

The woman on the roof is of course wearing a one-piece, not a bikini. I suppose she might have fitted under that bridge the boat has just passed through if she lay down flat, or maybe she's only just climbed up there.

I can only see one woman inside the boat, who might be partly clothed, we don't know. If there are more the sleeping arrangements could be quite crowded on such a short looking boat. Maybe it's a hen party trip?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I dunno. If you put together all the things we complain about I reckon it's a pretty accurate depiction!

The implication is that the fisher-person is being inconvenienced by everyone else there and deserves the sympathy.

It's hardly "topic" of the year, just an interesting viewpoint. And not one I support, that kind of thinking is on a par with: -

* Hearing hang gliders complaining about the skies being full of inconsiderate birds.

* Witnessing protest groups suggesting lorry drivers get in the way of children wanting to play hop-scotch on the motorway.

* Deciding instead of constantly telling children not to play on railway lines we should instruct train drivers to swerve?

The implication is that the fisher-person is being inconvenienced by everyone else there and deserves the sympathy.

It's hardly "topic" of the year, just an interesting viewpoint. And not one I support, that kind of thinking is on a par with: -

* Hearing hang gliders complaining about the skies being full of inconsiderate birds.

* Witnessing protest groups suggesting lorry drivers get in the way of children wanting to play hop-scotch on the motorway.

* Deciding instead of constantly telling children not to play on railway lines we should instruct train drivers to swerve?

Ooops! I forgot that CWDF is an irony-free zone! :-)