Mikuni MX60C servicing

Kevsco

Featured Posts

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone can tell where I can get a service manual for this heater. Having just bought the boat which is 11 years old and with winter approaching I want to disassemble the unit and give it a good clean. When starting there are clouds of white smoke and then the malfunction light comes on and everything stops. The operating manual shows the various spare part numbers and I plan to order a new glow plug and a set of gaskets.

Having searched the forum I see that others have had similar issues but don't know if a good clean and checkout of the connections and fue l filter will resolve the problem.

Any assistance from the very helpful members on this forum would be greatly appreciated.

I can let you have a PDF manual if you PM me an email address, white smoke is simply incomplete combustion which a simple decoke and clean out may or may not improve or cure. At eleven years old the wicks (both A & B will probably need replacing along with maybe the glow plug boss and screen, possibly even the burner tube if it has burning and distortion at the diffuser hole. It would be wise to check parts availability before stripping it as some parts may have a delivery delay.

Edited by NMEA

NMEA Thank you for your help. I have sent you a pm.

This forum is fantastic for the help that members offer one another. I am sure I will be asking for more assistance in the future and thank everyone in advance for all the help and advice.