Marcus on Ch 4

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

I'll let the sensible non dreamers make their own opinion of the programme, to me he came over as a dreamer who did very little and if it wasn't for the young volunteers nothing would of got done.

How would they get a free day trip on a boat that has no engine and doesn't look like having one soon?

I would say Rachael was disillusioned with the amount of work he had achieved in the time he was given.

Do you own a boat or are you another city dreamer?

Was your off button or channel button not working?

I often change the channel or turn the TV off if there's nothing worth watching....

Most of the time then.

I'm looking forward to 9 TV free days now cheers.gif

Its been OK this last couple of weeks plenty of rugby and motorsport, don't go in for too much else. Only having freeview tempers the amount that's worth watching too....

I only get the TV when cbeebies isn't broadcasting :)

Probably not much use but there's this on Abe Books ... http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?kn=CAV+fuel+pump+settings&sts=t

LCx

I think that's a general description book outlining the various bits of equipment and what they do. On the other hand, it doesn't seem to be here: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Injection/fuel1.htmso perhaps it is more specific

Richard

I think that's a general description book outlining the various bits of equipment and what they do. On the other hand, it doesn't seem to be here: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Injection/fuel1.htmso perhaps it is more specific

Richard

Ah well, it was just a thought, don't know if this one has data either ...

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=10090268324&searchurl=kn%3DCAV+fuel%26sts%3Dt%26sortby%3D20

(I'll stop now)

LCx

Ah well, it was just a thought, don't know if this one has data either ...

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=10090268324&searchurl=kn%3DCAV+fuel%26sts%3Dt%26sortby%3D20

(I'll stop now)

LCx

I think I have a download of that one

What I need is more like a chart, or data booklet giving details for various pumps in a table

No need to stop, you may find something I haven't

Richard

I'll let the sensible non dreamers make their own opinion of the programme, to me he came over as a dreamer who did very little and if it wasn't for the young volunteers nothing would of got done.

How would they get a free day trip on a boat that has no engine and doesn't look like having one soon?

I would say Rachael was disillusioned with the amount of work he had achieved in the time he was given.

Do you own a boat or are you another city dreamer?

I'll let everyone form their own opinion, not just the "sensible non dreamers"

If it wasn't for Marcus Warry nothing would have got done either.

The programme didn't show the boat under way, but even if it hasn't got a working engine now, it will have at some point and the volunteers will get their day trip. Especially as RWLP and others on the forum who know about engines (I don't) are making a constructive effort to get the original engine working.

I do agree that Rachel was disillusioned about progress. That's up to her. It doesn't mean Marcus Warry is a bad person.

I don't yet own a boat, and I live in a very large city in the south, for which I make no apology.

But I'm not just a dreamer, I've done a fair bit of boating as crew, with my brother and a few members of the forum.

As to making sweeping statements about southerners being dreamers, here's a relevant quote:

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" -- John Lennon, very much a northerner, although he was living in Surrey when he wrote that.

Also, lots of engineers come from the north, because that's where the industry is, but if you want an example of a very good engineer from the south, how about Brunel who was born in Portsmouth?

• Greenie 2

And there are people who can do all that, get stuck in with the workers and get their hands dirty, so I wouldn't put him on a pedestal and I didn't see anything inspiring about him. Maybe a dreamer yes. Defiantly not inspirational

I didn't hear of any of these people offering to buy it off him when it sank and doing it up.

Yes you'll be disappointed, mainly in the lack of work he did, but then again it may make you laugh being from the North. A guy working in the city with no family commitments and a load of young volunteers to helplaugh.png

But the chap who has the program has someone else do all the work for him. Who is rebuilding the beach hut, who built the den in the bottom of his garden, who built the house in the woods? Not the presenter of the program

I didn't hear of any of these people offering to buy it off him when it sank and doing it up.

But the chap who has the program has someone else do all the work for him. Who is rebuilding the beach hut, who built the den in the bottom of his garden, who built the house in the woods? Not the presenter of the program

Indeed. From what I understand, the presenter visited the boat twice, with other folk preparing the story over several other visits

Richard

What a lovely boat in absolute perfect condition, bought back from the depths of the river, with an absolute gentleman of an owner.

icecream.gificecream.gif

Was there another programme on last night too? I recognise three of those four statements

Richard

No, that was sarcasm... I know. I know

I watched the program but had not seen previous threads on this forum (still not read them) and had no previous knowledge of Marcus.

Did not like him or the state of the boat afterwards.

Yes it was a TV program and maybe he should not be judged by it.

The best bit was Racheal walking away, very sensible.

• Greenie 1

What are you on about?

Why would they buy a sunken wreck? that Marcus bought off Ebay un-seen and I don't think it went for £5000 well less.

We're not talking about the presenter of the programme, it's the people featured on the programme that built their own Amazing Spaces and do it all by themselves at their own expense not with an army of volunteers doing all the work for them, amazing that is

Has anyone else been wondering about the state of the hull? Did he actually check that before starting the work? What caused the sinking originally?

Funny thing is that they never showed the hull ribs after the completion, but they showed them before sodden wet. I too wondered the state of the boat under the floor and I doubt that anything was done to them to fix the problem.

I believe it was a leaking stern gland that he just left to leak without getting it fixed.

What are you on about?

Why would they buy a sunken wreck? that Marcus bought off Ebay un-seen and I don't think it went for £5000 well less.

We're not talking about the presenter of the programme, it's the people featured on the programme that built their own Amazing Spaces and do it all by themselves at their own expense not with an army of volunteers doing all the work for them, amazing that is

The program is about Amazing Spaces not just about the people who built them or who helped build them.

Who cares who built them its all about the 'Amazing' use of space

Geesh, at least he had a dream and gave it a go thats much more than most dreamers do, he was refreshingly positive.

Edited by grumpy146

No, that was sarcasm... I know. I know

I watched the program but had not seen previous threads on this forum (still not read them) and had no previous knowledge of Marcus.

Did not like him or the state of the boat afterwards.

Yes it was a TV program and maybe he should not be judged by it.

The best bit was Racheal walking away, very sensible.

You better watch what your saying as some people on this forum have put him on a pedestal with all the hard work he has done on this boatlaugh.png but like you I see things different. Did anyone see him really doing any work on the program? apart from some soapy water being thrown around and a polish of the wheellaugh.png Well done to the volunteersclapping.gif

The program is about Amazing Spaces not just about the people who built them or who helped build them.

Who cares who built them its all about the 'Amazing' use of space

Geesh, at least he had a dream and gave it a go thats much more than most dreamers do, he was refreshingly positive.

Yeh that boat was amazing when finished and such a clever use of space laugh.png

If the film crew only turned up twice, they would have been fairly unlikely to have caught him actually working on it. If siomeone had turned up when I was refitting mine, they would be more likely to find me having a cup of coffee than working. I mean, we are talking boatyard time here... I speak as one who was quoted a fortnight to get his boat back in the water and six weeks later it's just acquired some chalk marks (though it has migrated into the shed at least!) round the holes.

Civil engineer. He was a rubbish mechanical engineer

Richard

If you want a Mechanical Engineer from the South (West) out of the top drawer and the finest railway CME in my view then look no further than George Jackson Churchward born in Stoke Gabriel in Devon and Buried in the churchyard there.