Edit multiple existing posts

Featured Posts

Hi

I have an issue with my build blog (Siskin). When I started the blog I linked to pictures in my Wordpress blog under nbsiskin.com. Following real issues with my domain registrar Ihave had to change the domain to nbsiskin.co.uk.

How can I do a mass search and replace nbsiskin.com with nbsiskin.co.uk so as the pictures appear again.

Thanks

Steve

HI Steve, the .co.uk address shows a suspended hosting message whereas .com works? Either way if you change your signature to reflect the one you want then all new and historic posts should, I think, show the new address?

Do you have a link to the build blog?

Found it, is it this one: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=32957&page=11

I can now see the issue - the pic links are indeed broken. Posts on the forum are editable for up to 48 hours afterwards, by default. Only moderators and admin can then edit posts after this. And there is no option to "multiple" search and replace across many forum posts.

For this reason, we have switched to hosting pictures on our own server, and now encourage this since it means the data integrity is under our control rather than relying on a separate image hosting website. Having said that, you should be able to maintain control of your own domain - did you let it lapse then its been taken up by another person/company?

Hi

Tesla: I have changed the domain name in my profile but it does not make any difference.

Paul C: it's along story with the domain name which happened when I wanted to change the registrar and despite strenuous efforts ended up with nbsiskin.com in suspension and then being snaffled by a domain pirate. I would like to get the blog on the forums back up as I've had a number of people ask what's happening on a recent trip.

I know that it would be a pain but I'm prepared to change the links 1 by 1 if I have to and can get to edit the posts. Is this possible?

I tried to find Steve's "Siskin" building blog in the CWF search facility, but to no avail. I always enjoyed reading it but, when it suddenly ceased about 2 years ago, I did wonder, as I'm sure did other forum members, what might have happened to the boat and to Steve. I was delighted, therefore, to pass Siskin a couple of times at the beginning of September and can confirm that the boat was drop-dead gorgeous and that Steve looked hale and hearty and at least as large as life.

Slightly off topic I know, but as I could not find the original Siskin thread this seemed the best place for my post.

Hi

Tesla: I have changed the domain name in my profile but it does not make any difference.

Paul C: it's along story with the domain name which happened when I wanted to change the registrar and despite strenuous efforts ended up with nbsiskin.com in suspension and then being snaffled by a domain pirate. I would like to get the blog on the forums back up as I've had a number of people ask what's happening on a recent trip.

I know that it would be a pain but I'm prepared to change the links 1 by 1 if I have to and can get to edit the posts. Is this possible?

Sounds like it might be best if you could be given temporary Moderator/Admin status, on the understanding that you only edit your own posts.

p.s. Welcome back! I too had missed your blog posts.

Hi all

Thanks for saying you missed me :). While I've been out and about I've had several people ask if I'm going to start again and what's happened to the pictures on CWF so I thought I really did need to get my finger out and sort this out.

If I can get temp admin rights so I can manually fix the picture issue it would be great. I'm still trying to retrieve my .com domain but it doesn't look as if that will be possible in the near future so that as an easy fix is not possible.

It's up to you guys

Regards

Stev

Hi all

Thanks for saying you missed me smile.png. While I've been out and about I've had several people ask if I'm going to start again and what's happened to the pictures on CWF so I thought I really did need to get my finger out and sort this out.

If I can get temp admin rights so I can manually fix the picture issue it would be great. I'm still trying to retrieve my .com domain but it doesn't look as if that will be possible in the near future so that as an easy fix is not possible.

It's up to you guys

Regards

Stev

I've given you unlimited edit time, so you should be able to edit the links to the pictures in your blog. You might need to click the "light switch" in the top left of the edit box, then manually edit the URL when the code is shown. Let me know if there's any issues with it etc.