LIVERPOOL

luggsy

Featured Posts

Just had 6 glorious days in Albert Dock what a stunning place , it must be 30 years since the last time I was there what a transformation , you have to give the development team 10 out of 10 , I used to go to the docks 45/46 years ago with my dad's drivers used to be queuing up on the Dock road waiting to get on the docks to get unloaded , for any one who's not been you really want to put it on your todo list , just the cruise in is worth doing, I would of paid to do it lol , if you go you must visit the dry Dock unbelievable

Have to agree-Liverpool is just fantastic ! We did the cruise last summer & enjoyed every minute.I'm a Cestrian(means someone from Chester,not some kinky perversion),& I used to visit the Pool a lot-boy has it changed for the better.If you've not been-go as you will not regret it.

Trina

Yeahbut surely you'll come home to find all the wheels nicked off your boat and it up on bricks. Or is the Manchester...?

That's London all the spare bricks up t north have been sent darn sarf for cheap £275000 starter homes.

Strange how I moored at the back of Albert dock in Salthouse dock but people will insist on it being the Albert dock ? where the CRT moorings are not.

What a fantastic place Liverpool is plus a great people.

Yeahbut surely you'll come home to find all the wheels nicked off your boat and it up on bricks. Or is the Manchester...?

the old ones are the best eh... fatigue.gif

Total number of crimes over a twelve month period per thousand residents, for the crime type selected (All Crime)

Reading 76.33

Oxford 88.60

LIverpool 89.12

A wise man knows his ignorance; a fool thinks he knows everything.

Loved Liverpool - it was a great experience I'd recommend to anyone. It's worth the visit just for the journey through the docks - the museums and attractions are an added bonus. The tour of the original dock was fascinating too along with a visit to Crosby Beach to see the iron men and a ferry across the Mersey to Birkenhead to tour a German WWII u-boat.

Wandering through the city centre was a joy too with street performers on every street corner giving it an Edinburgh Festival flavour.

We're planning to go again next year to do all the stuff we didn't get time for this year.

Total number of crimes over a twelve month period per thousand residents, for the crime type selected (All Crime)

Reading 76.33

Oxford 88.60

LIverpool 89.12

Calm down dear, I was poking fun at the stereotype. But I see you don't 'do' humour.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Looks like my post provoked you into joining up!

Delightful username you've chosen for yourself...

On my list.

We lived up there for ages . OH arrived as a young man to join his first ship and stayed.

To be honest I was glad to move on because I got profoundly depressed by being shown various heaps of rubble and being told that was once a thriving factory . Pubs were shutting and there was a lot of dereliction and empty premises.

If things are much improved I'm glad , Liverpool deserves decent work and some prosperity. It should be a city for the young with a future . I'd have to ask the relatives what life's like away from the main tourist down town area.

Liverpool has two teams , not a footy fan but bought red rather than blue cars :)

Edited by madcat

Reading 76.33

Oxford 88.60

LIverpool 89.12

Those figures are reported / detected crimes just shows which coppers are doing their jobs .

Reading crime capital of the waterways It's criminal what they have done with the Kennet.

Edited by b0atman

• 3 weeks later...

On my list.

We lived up there for ages . OH arrived as a young man to join his first ship and stayed.

To be honest I was glad to move on because I got profoundly depressed by being shown various heaps of rubble and being told that was once a thriving factory . Pubs were shutting and there was a lot of dereliction and empty premises.

If things are much improved I'm glad , Liverpool deserves decent work and some prosperity. It should be a city for the young with a future . I'd have to ask the relatives what life's like away from the main tourist down town area.

Liverpool has two teams , not a footy fan but bought red rather than blue cars smile.png

When I grew up in Saaf London I was shown various heaps of rubble and told that was once a house (or houses) before the V-rockets of WW2. They all are again now, I think almost every remaining bomb site in London got developed in the 1985-88 boom.

I doubt if we need your northern bricks, there's plenty of clay in the south from which most of the bricks that built London came (e.g. hence the Slough Arm). In any case a lot of the new builds are blocks of flats, generally steel, concrete and glass. Some brick is used, don't know where it comes from. It wouldn't surprise me if the steel and glass comes from the north.

Barcelona has two teams too, RCD Espanyol are pretty good, currently 10th in their league just like Everton. Not as good as Palace.