Morse chimney deck plate

Featured Posts

Hi

I'm currently fitting a Morso chimney deck Plate supplied with the with the purpose made Morse chimney system (part number 62908511). The instructions say "Locating the deck plate - Use a suitable non silicon based water tight sealant on the deck of the craft before locating the deck plate." most sealants for simiIar situations I seem to find are silicone based. What would be peoples suggestions??, I suspect this will not get very hot as is an insulated system. I have used Sikaflex®-EBT in other setting do you think this is OK for this job?

I thought i had seen this question in a previous topic but I failed to find it when searching so apologies if already covered previously

thanks Keith

As long as the Sikaflex is not silicon based then it should be OK, you could use a mastic frame sealer or something like Sticks Like Sh*t. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that Silicon is not that good, OK for its intended purpose in bathroom/sanitary applications but best avoided for the uses a boater is likely to want

Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose

Any Butyl sealant will do. The ones on Jarrah ( chimleys, windows, mushrooms, portholes and bullseye) were still fine after 25 years.

They are non-hardening (unlike silicone sealants). An example is Seamseal CV, but there are others.

N