Fishing pools stealing fish from the cut....

Sabcat

Featured Posts

My local paper stated that 2 ******* people were due in court for the illegal removal of Carp and 1 Swan from a council owned lake/park, the Carp were rescued from the ******* peoples weally bins where they were being purged in fresh water for eating.

It really annoys me.

I am not waycist either.

When in rome respect the roman laws.

On reflection, I think it's a good thing Dean has edited out the nationality of the people suspected as nicking the carp.

Now, the nationality has been replaced with a row of stars, no-one will have the faintest clue which nationality was so unfairly accused. Will they?

Yer but no but yer but 99.9% of people know what the Stars Encrypt.

On reflection, I think it's a good thing Dean has edited out the nationality of the people suspected as nicking the carp.

Now, the nationality has been replaced with a row of stars, no-one will have the faintest clue which nationality was so unfairly accused. Will they?

as the carp are the national dish of Poland and polish people eat carp instead of Turkey for Christmas dinner, why pretend it's not true, if this forum continues to keep leaning more and more left, it risks falling over, it's not racist to tell the truth, so I think it's stupid what dean has just done, turning a thread about fish into another political issue, ridiculous

as the carp are the national dish of Poland and polish people eat carp instead of Turkey for Christmas dinner, why pretend it's not true, if this forum continues to keep leaning more and more left, it risks falling over, it's not racist to tell the truth, so I think it's stupid what dean has just done, turning a thread about fish into another political issue, ridiculous

Here here

You left in my bit where I said categorically British people were smuggling fish over from Europe. Anyone seen my sandals? I'm starting to feel the left. smile.png

you cant be racist to your own kind i guess lol.

at least it gave a few of you something to chat about...;-) Mods can't get it 100% right all of the time...and anyway, I'm sure other population groups steal the carp as well ;-)

Carp is the national dish of, shall we say "a country situated between Germany and Belarus", and it is a simple fact that CRT are posting signs prohibiting the taking of fish in that country's language along the canals. I'd say that it is no more racist to suggest that natives of a certain country favour carp than it would be to say that Hungarians enjoy goulash or Italians eat a lot of pasta.

You left in my bit where I said categorically British people were smuggling fish over from Europe. Anyone seen my sandals? I'm starting to feel the left. :)

i think there are now so many people in England breeding and selling some fantastic strains of fast growing carp, that the trade in smuggled fish full of disease from mainly France has all but dried up, it was rife through the late ninety,s into the early 2000s but it was just filling a gap in the market that has now been filled by a few forward thinking Brits like, mark Simmons,viv shears and Simon scot to name a few

Carp is the national dish of, shall we say "a country situated between Germany and Belarus", and it is a simple fact that CRT are posting signs prohibiting the taking of fish in that country's language along the canals. I'd say that it is no more racist to suggest that natives of a certain country favour carp than it would be to say that Hungarians enjoy goulash or Italians eat a lot of pasta.

. You pasta hating xenophobic,homophobic, racist how dare you blame the Italians for making pasta extinct, shame on you,

Just out of curiosity, what is actually wrong with eating carp? I eat trout and a lot of fishermen go through all sorts of palaver fly fishing to catch them, am I a pagan?

Also since Canada Geese are regarded as a pest (although I quite like them!) they can also be legally killed under the terms of a General licence https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-take-or-kill-for-health-or-safety-purposes and if farmers are shooting them it'd be a pity for them to go to waste, wouldn't it rolleyes.gif ??

We do seem to get a bit picky over what we should and shouldn't eat in this country, if you are carnivorous what difference does it make what meat you are eating. We make fun of people who choose not to eat pork but then are outraged when someone eats a dog, meat is meathuh.png

Just out of curiosity, what is actually wrong with eating carp? I eat trout and a lot of fishermen go through all sorts of palaver fly fishing to catch them, am I a pagan?

Perversely, the reason game fishermen (or are they game anglers?) "go through all sorts of palaver fly fishing to catch them" is that they are so damned easy to catch with a worm on a hook (game fish being such aggressively greedy buggers) that ways had to be devised to make catching them more difficult, in order to be 'sportsmanlike'.

Or so I was told by a Welsh farmer with a trout stream through his land when I was a brat on holiday on his farm.

Perversely, the reason game fishermen (or are they game anglers?) "go through all sorts of palaver fly fishing to catch them" is that they are so damned easy to catch with a worm on a hook (game fish being such aggressively greedy buggers) that ways had to be devised to make catching them more difficult, in order to be 'sportsmanlike'.

Or so I was told by a Welsh farmer with a trout stream through his land when I was a brat on holiday on his farm.

There's a lot of truth in that.

Although it does have a lot to do with they are relatively uneducated - mostly they don't learn cos first mistake they get eaten.

I occasionally wander down the London Wandle with a rod and the trout are a blinking nuisance. I do release them however.

Also since Canada Geese are regarded as a pest (although I quite like them!) they can also be legally killed under the terms of a General licence https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-take-or-kill-for-health-or-safety-purposes and if farmers are shooting them it'd be a pity for them to go to waste, wouldn't it rolleyes.gif ??

I think the problem with the eating carp being discussed is not the fact they are carp but they are fish which aren't supposed to be removed from the fishery they are in, and by being eaten others who have a right to catch them for "sport" are denied their right.

Never eaten Canada Goose but assuming they are reasonable to taste fair enough. I seem to remember from a shooting Uncle of mine that he didn't like the taste.

Where abouts on the river wander mark ?? I used to work in Wandsworth and every afternoon we used to sit in the the pub garden where the wander goes into the Thames. There was always a Luminous glow to that river where we used to sit.

Darren

Is it anywhere near the river Wandle perhaps?