Fishing pools stealing fish from the cut....

Sabcat

Featured Posts

Chatting with an angler the other day he was telling me that a lot of fish have been stolen from the cut by people running fishing pools. Now he's mentioned it I don't see the large carp basking in the sun like I used to. He claims (and I realise he could be making this whole thing up and the local UKIP candidate would have told me that **** people has eaten the carp) that a member of his angling club caught a large carp (can't remember the weight) in the cut, took pictures and then another member caught the same fish (with pictures) from a fishing pool.

Edited by DeanS
removed reference to a specific population group.

****Some people****** have removed all the big carp and Pike from a local reservoir down the lane from my house, also the Rochdale Canal was raped of fish along the slattocks and Chadderton stretch`s. .

Not fish but also Swans and Canada Geese have been found, well just the feathers and a few bit by a camp fire around the local res i mention. I have found them myself when out walking.

This fish in the canals belong to the water owner.

Edited by DeanS
site guidelines...removed racist reference

Can't see private fishery owners bothering to introduce potential diseased fish to their pools.

Some do though, a public park lake where i used ti fish was stocked with big Carp from a large mill pond that i also used ti fish, after 6 months all was gone but for a few, it was found that after a few night time poachers were caught, they were taking them for a commercial lake.

It was bound to happen though as the park was open all the time, out the way so easy to poach.

They all look the same to me anyway, so how could you tell.

(Carp not **** people!)

Fish all have there own marking/scales etc, with them for life, Pike mainly, you can tell by the mouth/snout width. Carp Scales and so on.

Edited by DeanS
removed reference to specific population group.

He claims (and I realise he could be making this whole thing up and the local UKIP candidate would have told me that Polish people has eaten the carp)

Well, the simple fact is that carp is a popular food among ***** (I've spent a lot of time in ******) whereas I have never met a single British person who eats it.

Certainly on the T&M last year there were CRT notices in ***** (and in English, for balance) pointing out that it is illegal to take carp and other freshwater fish from the water. If you are suggesting that all people from all countries eat exactly the same foods and have exactly the same habits, then I'm afraid I can't agree with you.

Edited by DeanS
removed reference to specific population group
  • Greenie 1

would you expostulate your thesis a little further please?

Are you from a country that enjoys carp?

I've enjoyed carp in France, but I'm not from France. Why would it matter what country I'm from ? Or whether a country enjoys carp, if a country could. Sometimes, just for fun, I post carp too.

Carp spelling edit

Edited by Jim Riley

would you expostulate your thesis a little further please?

Are you from a country that enjoys carp?

The notices on the Trent and Mersey are in English and ****, around rotherham the eastern Europeans catch carp etc and eat it. It is common knowledge and the water bailiff is always trying to catch them. I have no axe to grind as my father moved from ***** to France when he was 2 years old so I am half *****. What I would really like to know is who are you really because your style is very familiar clapping.gif

Edited by DeanS
removed reference to specific population group
  • Greenie 3

The notices on the Trent and Mersey are in English and ****, around rotherham the eastern Europeans catch carp etc and eat it. It is common knowledge and the water bailiff is always trying to catch them.

Yes, it may be common knowledge and it may be 100% true, but you aren't allowed to say it because it's "waycist, innit?" laugh.png

Edited by DeanS

Fish stealing commonly done with long lines. Most bailiffs look for them now. I've found a few but not on canals. Some large carp for stocking for angling can cost thousands and there is a market.

Quite a few British fish smugglers get caught bringing large carp in from Europe. Some of these fish bring diseases with them.

There is a small unsavoury activity going on which if you know a bit about angling you can see evidence of it now and then.

Edited by mark99

Fish stealing commonly done with long lines. Most bailiffs look for them now. I've found a few but not on canals. Some large carp for stocking for angling can cost thousands and there is a market.

Quite a few British fish smugglers get caught bringing large carp in from Europe. Some of these fish bring diseases with them.

There is a small unsavoury activity going on which if you know a bit about angling you can see evidence of it now and then.

a carp of thirty pounds in weight will set you back £10 000 I have just returned from fishing a lake in Staffordshire that a mate of mine will be opening early next year, he has so far spent £25,000 on stock fish and they are mostly small carp

Nobody owns the water, according to Nigel Moore.

And Inclined to trust his pronouncements on matters like this.

Ok the rights to it, same difference judge.gif

who is this Nigel Moore anyway ?

Rightly or wrongly, I've removed the reference to a specific population group in this thread. (Once I removed one, it seemed silly to leave the rest). Can we assume that it is not just one specific population group who are stealing the carp, and if you must continue to post in the thread, try and be more general about it for the sake of keeping within the site guidelines. Thank you for your unending understanding and continued pursuit of blissfulness.

On reflection, I think it's a good thing Dean has edited out the nationality of the people suspected as nicking the carp.

Now, the nationality has been replaced with a row of stars, no-one will have the faintest clue which nationality was so unfairly accused. Will they?