Boat length for canals

Kevsco

Featured Posts

I wonder how many new boaters buy their first boat with the intention of "cruising the entire system" but end up just chugging up and down the same stretches of canal near their home mooring?

Thats all i have managed this year due to demands of House Renovation..I am really hoping come next season I can have a few longer chugs out.

That's the main reason why I sold my narrowboat and bought a trailerable yoghurt pot.

This season I've done 40 miles of the K&A, the Mon and Brec, and 50 miles of the Thames.

Last year I did 40 miles of the Thames and the whole of the Warwickshire Avon.

This year I did almost nothing, last year slightly more, but the year before that I did about 40 miles on the Thames, the full length of the K&A from Reading to Bristol, crossed the Bristol channel/Severn estuary from Bristol to Sharpness, the full length of the G&S, a bit of the Severn and the full length of the Warks Avon. That was all on a 12ft widebeam mostly single-handed apart from a pilot from Portishead to sharpness and some help with the Caen Hill flight.

Not as much fun as a yoghurt pot but still satisfying.

Edited by blackrose